Angelina Jolie Breaks Silence on Leg-Baring Oscars Pose
Angelina Jolie has finally addressed her bizarre leg-baring pose at the 84th Annual Academy Awards. Weeks after sparking media frenzy by constantly sticking her right leg out of her dress at the Hollywood event, the longtime partner of Brad Pitt told The Huffington Post, "I honestly didn't pay attention to it. You know what I mean?"
"I don't watch those TV shows and if I go online and see something about myself, I don't click on it. And the people I surround myself with don't really talk about that kind of stuff," the 36-year-old beauty added with a laugh. "I heard something, but I didn't pay any attention. It's as simple as being a woman picking a dress you like and having a night, and not really thinking about anything else."
Jolie became the center of attention at this year's Oscars after she showed off her right leg through the slit of her black velvet Versace gown on the red carpet and on the stage when presenting Best Adapted Screenplay and Best Screenplay. Her leg quickly became a trending topic on Twitter, and even spawned an account called "Angie's Right Leg".
The "In the Land of Blood and Honey" director's stance got more attention after "The Descendants" writers Nat Faxon and Jim Rash struck similar pose when accepting their Best Adapted Screenplay prize. Many speculated they were mocking the actress, but the writer duo denied it. Rash, in particular, said, "Really, it was a loving tribute and nothing but."
More Angelina Jolie News
- Bella Thorne Rises to Stardom in Trailer for 'Famous in Love' From 'Pretty Little Liars' Creator
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Reactivates Instagram Account
- Madonna, Usher and More Stars Pay Tribute to Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: More Fights and Departures
- Britney and Beyonce Under Fire for Their VMAs Performances. Plus Get Details on Their Backstage Feud
- Taylor Swift Dismissed From Jury Duty due to Her Ongoing Sexual Abuse Case
- Production on 'The Maze Runner: The Death Cure' to Resume in February 2017
- Blake Lively Hosts Private Baby Shower With Taylor Swift