Angelina Jolie Breaks Silence on Leg-Baring Oscars Pose
Angelina Jolie has finally addressed her bizarre leg-baring pose at the 84th Annual Academy Awards. Weeks after sparking media frenzy by constantly sticking her right leg out of her dress at the Hollywood event, the longtime partner of Brad Pitt told The Huffington Post, "I honestly didn't pay attention to it. You know what I mean?"
"I don't watch those TV shows and if I go online and see something about myself, I don't click on it. And the people I surround myself with don't really talk about that kind of stuff," the 36-year-old beauty added with a laugh. "I heard something, but I didn't pay any attention. It's as simple as being a woman picking a dress you like and having a night, and not really thinking about anything else."
Jolie became the center of attention at this year's Oscars after she showed off her right leg through the slit of her black velvet Versace gown on the red carpet and on the stage when presenting Best Adapted Screenplay and Best Screenplay. Her leg quickly became a trending topic on Twitter, and even spawned an account called "Angie's Right Leg".
The "In the Land of Blood and Honey" director's stance got more attention after "The Descendants" writers Nat Faxon and Jim Rash struck similar pose when accepting their Best Adapted Screenplay prize. Many speculated they were mocking the actress, but the writer duo denied it. Rash, in particular, said, "Really, it was a loving tribute and nothing but."
More Angelina Jolie News
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt