Nicki Minaj and Scotty McCreery to Perform on 'American Idol'
Nicki Minaj and Scotty McCreery is coming to "American Idol" next week. The Young Money female rapper is scheduled to perform her latest chart-busting single "Starships", while the winner of "Idol" season 10 will return to the singing competition to deliver his single "Water Tower Town".
The nine remaining contestants, DeAndre Brackensick, Hollie Cavanagh, Colton Dixon, Heejun Han, Skylar Laine, Joshua Ledet, Phillip Phillips, Jessica Sanchez and Elise Testone, are required to perform songs from their own idols. Rumor has it, "Idol" alum Kelly Clarkson will also be there to tape a performance for a later airing.
This week, "American Idol" sent home Erika Van Pelt. Lana Del Rey and former "Idol" finalist Haley Reinhart performed "Video Games" and "Free" respectively on the results show. Aerosmith's Joe Perry stopped by to accompany the contestants singing "Happy Birthday" to Steven Tyler, who will turn 63 on March 26.
More Nicki Minaj News
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Release Pushed Back to Winter 2017
- Amber Heard Claims Police Lie About Finding No Evidence to Protect Johnny Depp
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Gets Christmas Release Date and Official Synopsis
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'