Nicki Minaj and Scotty McCreery to Perform on 'American Idol'
Nicki Minaj and Scotty McCreery is coming to "American Idol" next week. The Young Money female rapper is scheduled to perform her latest chart-busting single "Starships", while the winner of "Idol" season 10 will return to the singing competition to deliver his single "Water Tower Town".
The nine remaining contestants, DeAndre Brackensick, Hollie Cavanagh, Colton Dixon, Heejun Han, Skylar Laine, Joshua Ledet, Phillip Phillips, Jessica Sanchez and Elise Testone, are required to perform songs from their own idols. Rumor has it, "Idol" alum Kelly Clarkson will also be there to tape a performance for a later airing.
This week, "American Idol" sent home Erika Van Pelt. Lana Del Rey and former "Idol" finalist Haley Reinhart performed "Video Games" and "Free" respectively on the results show. Aerosmith's Joe Perry stopped by to accompany the contestants singing "Happy Birthday" to Steven Tyler, who will turn 63 on March 26.
More Nicki Minaj News
- 'Fargo' Season 3 First Full Trailer: What Does Ewan McGregor's Emmit Owe to His Twin Brother?
- Ready to Mingle? Tom Cruise's 'Fallen' for 'M:I 6' Co-Star Vanessa Kirby
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza