Scarlett Johansson's Naked Photo Hacker Has Agreed to Plead Guilty
Christopher Chaney, who is accused of hacking into the e-mail accounts of numerous celebrities, including Scarlett Johansson, Christina Aguilera and Mila Kunis, has finally agreed to plead guilty to federal charges. Four months after initially pleading not guilty, the Florida man struck a deal with federal prosecutors in exchange for a lighter sentence.
A plea agreement has been filed in U.S. District Court in Los Angeles on Thursday, March 22. It states that Chaney will plead guilty to nine criminal counts, including identity theft, wiretapping, and unauthorized access and damage to a protected computer. The 35-year-old is now facing up to 60 years in prison.
Chaney was arrested on October 12, 2011 after an 11-month investigation dubbed "Operation Hackerazzi" by the FBI. His arrest came just a few weeks after nude photos of Johansson hit the Internet. Of his arrest, he said he was actually "relieved" to be caught because he became "addicted" to the intrusion and "didn't know how to stop."
Back in November 2011, Chaney entered his not guilty plea during his first court appearance in Los Angeles, California. Facing a maximum of 121 years in federal prison, he was ordered to wear an electronic location-monitoring bracelet upon his return to Florida, and was refrained from using computers and smoking marijuana.
More Scarlett Johansson News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media