El DeBarge Escapes Charges From Drug Possession Arrest
Days after being arrested for drug possession, El DeBarge can breathe a little easier. Jane Robison, a spokeswoman for the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office, said Thursday, March 22 that no charges will be filed against the lead singer of DeBarge because there was "insufficient evidence" in his case.
The "Rhythm of the Night" singer was busted in Encino, California on suspicion of possession of narcotics with intent to sell. Undercover narcotics officers spotted him and another man in what seemed to be a drug deal near White Oak Avenue and the 101 Freeway at around 2 P.M. Monday, March 19.
TMZ reported that when the police searched the two men, they found nothing. They, however, discovered a bag of rock cocaine hidden under a nearby car. According to the gossip site, the other man involved insisted that he was there to buy the drugs from DeBarge. The singer, however, denied the accusation. He was released on a $30,000 bail.
- Justin Bieber Appears to Pee His Pants During Outing - And He's Proud of It
- Is Brad Pitt Staying at a Sober House?
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip