El DeBarge Escapes Charges From Drug Possession Arrest
Days after being arrested for drug possession, El DeBarge can breathe a little easier. Jane Robison, a spokeswoman for the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office, said Thursday, March 22 that no charges will be filed against the lead singer of DeBarge because there was "insufficient evidence" in his case.
The "Rhythm of the Night" singer was busted in Encino, California on suspicion of possession of narcotics with intent to sell. Undercover narcotics officers spotted him and another man in what seemed to be a drug deal near White Oak Avenue and the 101 Freeway at around 2 P.M. Monday, March 19.
TMZ reported that when the police searched the two men, they found nothing. They, however, discovered a bag of rock cocaine hidden under a nearby car. According to the gossip site, the other man involved insisted that he was there to buy the drugs from DeBarge. The singer, however, denied the accusation. He was released on a $30,000 bail.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen