El DeBarge Escapes Charges From Drug Possession Arrest
Days after being arrested for drug possession, El DeBarge can breathe a little easier. Jane Robison, a spokeswoman for the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office, said Thursday, March 22 that no charges will be filed against the lead singer of DeBarge because there was "insufficient evidence" in his case.
The "Rhythm of the Night" singer was busted in Encino, California on suspicion of possession of narcotics with intent to sell. Undercover narcotics officers spotted him and another man in what seemed to be a drug deal near White Oak Avenue and the 101 Freeway at around 2 P.M. Monday, March 19.
TMZ reported that when the police searched the two men, they found nothing. They, however, discovered a bag of rock cocaine hidden under a nearby car. According to the gossip site, the other man involved insisted that he was there to buy the drugs from DeBarge. The singer, however, denied the accusation. He was released on a $30,000 bail.
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes
- Sia and Diplo Team Up for 'Waving Goodbye' From 'The Neon Demon'
- Farrah Abraham Slammed for Posting Photos of Her 7-Year-Old Daughter in Bikinis
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Reportedly Plans to Confront Tyga After Kylie Jenner Reunion