El DeBarge Escapes Charges From Drug Possession Arrest
Days after being arrested for drug possession, El DeBarge can breathe a little easier. Jane Robison, a spokeswoman for the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office, said Thursday, March 22 that no charges will be filed against the lead singer of DeBarge because there was "insufficient evidence" in his case.
The "Rhythm of the Night" singer was busted in Encino, California on suspicion of possession of narcotics with intent to sell. Undercover narcotics officers spotted him and another man in what seemed to be a drug deal near White Oak Avenue and the 101 Freeway at around 2 P.M. Monday, March 19.
TMZ reported that when the police searched the two men, they found nothing. They, however, discovered a bag of rock cocaine hidden under a nearby car. According to the gossip site, the other man involved insisted that he was there to buy the drugs from DeBarge. The singer, however, denied the accusation. He was released on a $30,000 bail.
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly