El DeBarge Escapes Charges From Drug Possession Arrest
Days after being arrested for drug possession, El DeBarge can breathe a little easier. Jane Robison, a spokeswoman for the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office, said Thursday, March 22 that no charges will be filed against the lead singer of DeBarge because there was "insufficient evidence" in his case.
The "Rhythm of the Night" singer was busted in Encino, California on suspicion of possession of narcotics with intent to sell. Undercover narcotics officers spotted him and another man in what seemed to be a drug deal near White Oak Avenue and the 101 Freeway at around 2 P.M. Monday, March 19.
TMZ reported that when the police searched the two men, they found nothing. They, however, discovered a bag of rock cocaine hidden under a nearby car. According to the gossip site, the other man involved insisted that he was there to buy the drugs from DeBarge. The singer, however, denied the accusation. He was released on a $30,000 bail.
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board