'Hangover III', 'Pacific Rim' and '300: Battle of Artemisia' Secure 2013 Release Date
Warner Bros. Pictures has set the release dates for its major upcoming movies. On Thursday, March 22, the studio announced that it has arranged its release calendar for "The Hangover Part III", "Pacific Rim" and "300: Battle of Artemisia".
"The Hangover Part III" is slated for a May 24, 2013 release in cinemas across the U.S. The Todd Phillips-directed action comedy will open against 20th Century Fox's "Leafmen" and Universal Pictures' untitled Fast and Furious 6 project.
Along with the release date announcement, it was confirmed that the third "Hangover" movie will be the final installment of the trilogy and will kick off production this September. "I'm so excited to embark on another 'Hangover' film with Bradley [Cooper], Ed [Helms] and Zach [Galifianikis]," director Phillips stated.
"We're going to surprise a lot of people with the final chapter we have planned," he continued on. "It will be a fitting conclusion to our three-part opera of mayhem, despair and bad decisions."
Warners' President Jeff Robinov added, "We are extremely pleased to have Todd Phillips and the guys back together again for another 'Hangover', and we look forward to collaborating with them on another great movie."
On the other hand, Guillermo del Toro's "Pacific Rim" has been rescheduled to be unleashed in the U.S. on July 12, 2013. It was originally set to arrive on May 10 that year. With the new date, the futuristic movie starring Idris Elba and Willem Dafoe will have to open against Columbia Pictures' "Grown Ups 2".
As for the "300" sequel, the Noam Muro-directed epic movie, which is said to have a new title soon, has been scheduled to be dropped in theaters nationwide on August 2, 2013. Starring Rodrigo Santoro, Eva Green, Sullivan Stapleton and Jamie Blackley, the film will open against Columbia Pictures' "The Smurfs 2" and Dean Parisot's "Red 2".
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 4: Coaches Round Out Teams of 8. See Who Makes the Cut!
- Missing His Family? Brad Pitt 'Secretly Joined' Angelina Jolie and Kids on Recent Cambodia Trip
- First Gloomy Footage of 'Annihilation' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- 'Bones' Showrunner on Series Finale: 'It's the End, but It's Not the End'
- Spider-Man May Leave Marvel Cinematic Universe After 'Spiderman: Homecoming' Sequel
- Harry Styles to Make Debut as Solo Artist on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman Reunite for NBC's Competition Series 'Handmade Project'
- Mila Kunis Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body, 4 Months After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri