Pitbull to Release 'Back in Time' for 'Men in Black 3' Theme Song
It's official, Pitbull has crafted a new song called "Back in Time" for the third upcoming installment of "Men in Black" movie series. The rapper wrote the song along with Marc Kinchen, Adrian Trejo and Urales Vargas, and sampled Mickey & Sylvia's 1950s hit "Love Is Strange".
"It's an incredible honor to be a part of such an amazing franchise as 'Men in Black' and I have so much respect for Will Smith, especially with our similar musical backgrounds," he says. "Wanting to keep the music fun yet modern, we used the slogan of the movie and flipped it back into the song that 'in order to understand the future, you have to go back in time'."
"Men in Black 3" director, meanwhile, gushes, "My 19-year-old daughter turned me on to Pitbull. I'm thrilled that he wrote such a great song for our movie that totally gets it." The song will be available as a digital single and released to radio across the United States on March 26, while the movie itself will be released in 3D in theaters nationwide on May 25.
In "MIB 3", Agent J has seen some inexplicable things in his 15 years with the Men in Black, but nothing perplexes him as much as his partner Agent K. As K's life and the fate of the planet are put at stake, J will have to travel back in time to put things right and he discovers secrets to the universe that K never told him. Josh Brolin is going to play the young K.
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy
- Is Ben Affleck Done Playing Batman? WB Reportedly Plans His Exit
- Is Meek Mill Finally Ready to End Longtime Feud With Drake?
- This Transgender Performer Suggests She Had an Affair With Kanye West
- Block B's U-Kwon Tells a Fan She Looks Like Crap