Usher Afraid Adele Might Break His Record
Usher has a confession to make. In an interview with Capital FM, the R&B singer says he fears Adele who continues to gain steadily-strong sales number with her album "21" might break his record. The 7.9 million mark he pulled in through his studio album "Confessions" was the biggest sales in a year, but the British pop sensation was close to surpass it last year.
"If I have to confess, I have to confess that I have told a few people not to go and buy Adele's album because I don't want her to go and break my record," Usher opens up before adding, "No actually, I love her. Unfortunately, she's the closest to breaking my record for the last ten years. So now guys, don't go and buy that album right now."
Regardless, Usher hopes to team up with the "Rolling in the Deep" hitmaker for a future project. "I think the world deserves an Usher and Adele record. That's what I think. That would be the other UK connection that I think everybody would be really fond of and enjoy," he gushes.
While the Adele duet hasn't come to fruition, Usher has snagged U.K. act Labrinth for a collaboration. "We actually haven't finished this one but I'm working with Labrinth and that is my big surprise for London," the Grammy winner spills.
He continues, "Well you know me and Tinie Tempah we toured together here in London and it was my opportunity to get close to him and just listen to all the different things that he and Labrinth had been working on and listen to all the music that I know and admire that Labrinth did."
More Usher News
- Stephen Baldwin Not Fan of Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Impersonation on 'SNL'
- Kanye West Rips Jay-Z in Shocking Rant: 'There Will Never Be a Watch the Throne 2'
- 'Logan' Introduces X-23 in Official Teaser Trailer
- Watch This Chilling Video of Kim Kardashian Paris Robbery!
- Brad Pitt Finally Meets Son Maddox Since Plane Fight
- Uh-Oh! Blac Chyna Is Pissed Tyga and Kylie Jenner Stole Her Idea for King Cairo's Birthday Party
- Kim Kardashian's 'Not Doing Great' as She Reportedly Builds Panic Room After Paris Robbery
- Playboy Model Katie May Died Due to Fatal Injury Caused by Chiropractor, Coroner Confirms