El DeBarge Released on $30K Bail Following Drug Possession Arrest
El DeBarge has found himself in another run-in with the law. The lead singer of DeBarge was arrested on Monday, March 19 for possession of narcotics with intent to sell, a representative for the Los Angeles Police Department confirmed Wednesday. He was released on a $30,000 bail, and is due in court on April 9.
50-year-old El was busted at around 2 P.M. in Encino, California. LAPD spokeswoman Norma Eisenman detailed that the "Rhythm of the Night" singer was apprehended near White Oak Avenue and the 101 Freeway after he and another man were caught by undercover narcotics officers in what seemed to be a drug deal.
This is the third time El has got arrested for drug possession since 2001. Of his latest arrest, his attorney Spencer Vodnoy told Los Angeles Times, "The DeBarge family is very close knit and have had their struggles with substance abuse. They will do what they always have done, which is to support their sibling through this."
El was sentenced to two years in prison in 2008 for violating probation after being found in possession of crack and drug paraphernalia. He recently talked about his struggle with drugs. In an interview with TheBoomBox, he said, "It attacks leadership and it just attacks things and it gives you a challenge that you really don't want to have but you have to be strong and we all have the strength."
- Kim Kardashian Says Goodbye to Barack Obama's Presidency With Throwback Pics
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?