Kim Kardashian: My Divorce From Kris Humphries Changed My Life as a Person
Kim Kardashian believes that her 72 days of marriage to Kris Humphries has changed her as a person. The "Kourtney and Kim Take New York" star visited "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" on Wednesday, March 21 night, and talked about how her divorce from the New Jersey Nets player contributed to her personal growth.
"I pride myself on being an open book. We share our lives on a reality show," the 31-year-old said, before admitting, "I didn't know that the media would be so brutal with it, but I learned so many lessons about it and it's changed who I am as a person I think for the better and the things that I care about in life have completely changed because of this so I really think everything happens for a reason."
Asked when she knew her marriage was over, the former "Dancing with the Stars" contestant told host Jay Leno, "I hear stories of people that were married for ten years, they knew it wasn't right, but they wanted to stick it out and then they involved kids. I want that forever and I believed in love, I still do, but I felt to be fair to everyone I knew I had to end it and I'm OK with that decision."
On why she ignored her family's warnings, Kim explained, "I'm a person, when I'm in love, you can't tell me anything. And you gotta go through it yourself. So, I did what I believed in doing, and sometimes you don't want to hear what your family has to say." She added, "You look back and you're like, 'OK, that was a sign,' or, you know, 'Maybe I should have listened to them.' But, I wouldn't have been who I am today had I not gone through that."
On When She Knew:
On Family Warnings:
More Kim Kardashian News
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy