Kim Kardashian: My Divorce From Kris Humphries Changed My Life as a Person
Kim Kardashian believes that her 72 days of marriage to Kris Humphries has changed her as a person. The "Kourtney and Kim Take New York" star visited "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" on Wednesday, March 21 night, and talked about how her divorce from the New Jersey Nets player contributed to her personal growth.
"I pride myself on being an open book. We share our lives on a reality show," the 31-year-old said, before admitting, "I didn't know that the media would be so brutal with it, but I learned so many lessons about it and it's changed who I am as a person I think for the better and the things that I care about in life have completely changed because of this so I really think everything happens for a reason."
Asked when she knew her marriage was over, the former "Dancing with the Stars" contestant told host Jay Leno, "I hear stories of people that were married for ten years, they knew it wasn't right, but they wanted to stick it out and then they involved kids. I want that forever and I believed in love, I still do, but I felt to be fair to everyone I knew I had to end it and I'm OK with that decision."
On why she ignored her family's warnings, Kim explained, "I'm a person, when I'm in love, you can't tell me anything. And you gotta go through it yourself. So, I did what I believed in doing, and sometimes you don't want to hear what your family has to say." She added, "You look back and you're like, 'OK, that was a sign,' or, you know, 'Maybe I should have listened to them.' But, I wouldn't have been who I am today had I not gone through that."
On When She Knew:
On Family Warnings:
More Kim Kardashian News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences