Kim Kardashian: My Divorce From Kris Humphries Changed My Life as a Person
Kim Kardashian believes that her 72 days of marriage to Kris Humphries has changed her as a person. The "Kourtney and Kim Take New York" star visited "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" on Wednesday, March 21 night, and talked about how her divorce from the New Jersey Nets player contributed to her personal growth.
"I pride myself on being an open book. We share our lives on a reality show," the 31-year-old said, before admitting, "I didn't know that the media would be so brutal with it, but I learned so many lessons about it and it's changed who I am as a person I think for the better and the things that I care about in life have completely changed because of this so I really think everything happens for a reason."
Asked when she knew her marriage was over, the former "Dancing with the Stars" contestant told host Jay Leno, "I hear stories of people that were married for ten years, they knew it wasn't right, but they wanted to stick it out and then they involved kids. I want that forever and I believed in love, I still do, but I felt to be fair to everyone I knew I had to end it and I'm OK with that decision."
On why she ignored her family's warnings, Kim explained, "I'm a person, when I'm in love, you can't tell me anything. And you gotta go through it yourself. So, I did what I believed in doing, and sometimes you don't want to hear what your family has to say." She added, "You look back and you're like, 'OK, that was a sign,' or, you know, 'Maybe I should have listened to them.' But, I wouldn't have been who I am today had I not gone through that."
On When She Knew:
On Family Warnings:
More Kim Kardashian News
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'