'Doctor Who' Finds New Companion in Soap Opera Star Jenna-Louise Coleman
The latest companion of "Doctor Who" has been revealed. Jenna-Louise Coleman, who is best known for her role as Jasmine Thomas on British soap "Emmerdale", has been cast to star opposite titular character depicter, Matt Smith, on the long-running sci-fi series.
Gushing about Coleman's character, executive producer Stephen Moffat said when announcing the casting news, "It's not often the Doctor meets someone who can talk even faster than he does, but it's about to happen." He coyly added, "Jenna is going to lead him on his merriest dance yet. And that's all you're getting for now."
"Who she's playing, how the Doctor meets her, and even where he finds her, are all part of one of the biggest mysteries the Time Lord ever encounters. Even by the Doctor's standards, this isn't your usual boy-meets-girl," he went on teasing.
Coleman is chosen as the replacement of Karen Gillan, whose character Amy Pond as well as Arthur Darvill's Rory Williams will make a "heartbreaking departure after one final series of roller-coaster voyages" in the fifth episode of the new season.
"I'm beyond excited, I can't wait to get cracking; working alongside Matt I know is going to be enormous fun and a huge adventure," the 25-year-old English actress stated about landing a role on the drama series.
Beside "Emmerdale", the brunette beauty also starred in school drama "Waterloo Road" and appeared as Connie in superhero movie "Captain America: The First Avenger". She will next be seen on miniseries "Titanic", which is written by "Downton Abbey" creator Julian Fellowes.
More Doctor Who News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie