'Doctor Who' Finds New Companion in Soap Opera Star Jenna-Louise Coleman
The latest companion of "Doctor Who" has been revealed. Jenna-Louise Coleman, who is best known for her role as Jasmine Thomas on British soap "Emmerdale", has been cast to star opposite titular character depicter, Matt Smith, on the long-running sci-fi series.
Gushing about Coleman's character, executive producer Stephen Moffat said when announcing the casting news, "It's not often the Doctor meets someone who can talk even faster than he does, but it's about to happen." He coyly added, "Jenna is going to lead him on his merriest dance yet. And that's all you're getting for now."
"Who she's playing, how the Doctor meets her, and even where he finds her, are all part of one of the biggest mysteries the Time Lord ever encounters. Even by the Doctor's standards, this isn't your usual boy-meets-girl," he went on teasing.
Coleman is chosen as the replacement of Karen Gillan, whose character Amy Pond as well as Arthur Darvill's Rory Williams will make a "heartbreaking departure after one final series of roller-coaster voyages" in the fifth episode of the new season.
"I'm beyond excited, I can't wait to get cracking; working alongside Matt I know is going to be enormous fun and a huge adventure," the 25-year-old English actress stated about landing a role on the drama series.
Beside "Emmerdale", the brunette beauty also starred in school drama "Waterloo Road" and appeared as Connie in superhero movie "Captain America: The First Avenger". She will next be seen on miniseries "Titanic", which is written by "Downton Abbey" creator Julian Fellowes.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says