The Black Keys Apologize to Nickelback in a Not-So-Apologetic Statement
The Black Keys delivered "the worst apology" when being asked to comment on their previous statement about Nickelback being a "s**t." Patrick Carney said that he didn't mean to diss Chad Kroeger's band, but managed to launch another attack in the process.
"I didn't mean to single them out. It just came out," Carney said in an interview with MTV News Canada, before adding, "There's much worse bands than Nickelback. Maybe." The drummer then broke into giggles along with bandmate Dan Auerbach.
"I don't like bad music, but look, I've got a lot of friends and not one of them has a Nickelback record. I'm not a small minority," Carney continued. He also shared that Nickelback made him "embarrassed to be on Earth, they actually make me want to take a spaceship away."
What would Carney do if he meets Kroeger and his bandmates at some awards shows? He hopes he doesn't run into them as he explained, "I mean, he'd probably punch us in the face, I don't want to [see or] talk to him!"
The Black Keys took shots at Nickelback when gracing the January cover of Rolling Stone. "Rock & roll is dying because people became OK with Nickelback being the biggest band in the world," Carney said back then. "So they became OK with the idea that the biggest rock band in the world is always going to be s**t."
"Therefore you should never try to be the biggest rock band in the world. F**k that! Rock & roll is the music I feel the most passionately about, and I don't like to see it f**king ruined and spoon-fed down our throats in this watered-down, post-grunge crap, horrendous s**t. When people start lumping us into that kind of shit, it's like, 'F**k you,' honestly."
In response, Nickelback took the positive thing out of their negative comment. On Twitter, the Canadian band thanked the indie duo for naming them "the biggest rock band in the world."
- Robin Williams' Widow Calls the Actor's Disease 'the Terrorist Inside My Husband's Brain'
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary