Katy Perry Joins Military to Escape a Cheating Boyfriend in 'Part of Me' Video
Katy Perry is breaking up with her boyfriend in a music video for her newest single "Part of Me". Confronting the guy after catching him flirting with another woman, she decides that she's done with the drama. Inspired by "all women are created equal, then some become marines" sticker, she chops off her shoulder-length hair and runs away to join the military.
Premiered on MTV, the Ben Mor-directed music video was shot in February at the Camp Pendleton Marine Corps base in Oceanside, California. Joining real-life marines doing their basic training programs at the boot camp, Katy "learned how to flip someone," "learned how to flip them on their back," and "learned how to wrestle underwater."
According to Katy, the video visualizes "an affirmation of strength." Instead of dwelling with her broken heart, she decides to create a new path in her life. "I wanted to go the strongest route I ever could," she gushes. "Literally, I was like, 'I'm gonna join the service. I'm gonna join the Marines.' We used only Marines. For three days, I was a wannabe Marine, which was so difficult."
"Part of Me" is taken from Katy's "Teenage Dream" repackage, "Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection". The single peaked at No. 1 on Billboard Hot 100. Soon after the video premiere, she tweeted, "Thank u to everyone for the love & support on the video, I have SO MUCH respect for anyone serving any role in the service after this shoot!"
Katy Perry's "Part of Me" music video
More Katy Perry News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris