'Battlestar Galactica' Prequel Not Picked Up to TV Series, May Become Web Series
"Battlestar Galactica" fans may be left disappointed to learn that Syfy has passed on "Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome". After a trailer for the project hit the web earlier this week, the network announced that it will not move forward with the spin-off prequel as a TV series.
"Though the vision for 'Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome' has evolved over the course of the past year, our enthusiasm for this ambitious project has not waned," Syfy president original programming Mark Stern stated on Wednesday, March 21.
Though so, there is still hope that "Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome" will be a web-based series. "We are actively pursuing it as was originally intended: a groundbreaking digital series that will launch to audiences beyond the scope of a television screen," Stern added. He also said that "the 90-minute pilot movie will air on Syfy in its entirety at a future date."
Just two days prior, on Monday night to be exact, the trailer for the "Battlestar Galactica" prequel went viral. It's set to Trent Reznor's version of "Immigrant Song", which was used in "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)" trailer. The video, however, has been taken down by NBC Universal, with a representative for Syfy explaining that it was not an officially sanctioned trailer.
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour