Alleged First Poster of 'The Wolverine' Teases the Japan Setting
A possible first poster for "The Wolverine" has made its way out onto the web. Coming out via Screen Rant, the one-sheet teases the Japan setting of the movie since it shows what looks like a Japanese flag being torn by Wolverine's claws. It also has a tagline that reads, "Rising Soon".
While the production of the film hasn't begun yet, the 80s-themed banner is reportedly taken from the office of director James Mangold. 20 Century Fox has yet to make a comment to clarify the validity of the alleged teaser poster.
"The Wolverine" will take its cue from the early 1980s Chris Claremont/Frank Miller miniseries, which is set in Japan. It features Wolverine dealing with ninjas as he struggles whether to follow his animal killer instincts or live under a samurai's code of honor and respect.
The production of the movie has been delayed for quite a while due to the weather situation in Japan. Mangold takes over the directing duty after Darren Aronofsky bowed out the project last March 2011. Christopher McQuarrie and Mark Bomback, meanwhile, team up to provide the script.
Hugh Jackman is set to reprise his role as the titular mutant. He is joined by Kelly Hu and Naturi Naughton. 20th Century Fox has scheduled to release "Wolverine" in the U.S. on July 26, 2013.
- Sean Spicer Eyed for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 25
- Paris Hilton Poses Half-Naked in Her Panties. See the Sexy Pic!
- Jennifer Aniston 'Humiliates' Jason Bateman at His Hollywood Walk of Fame Ceremony
- Warwick Davis Lands Role in 'Star Wars' Han Solo Movie
- Angelina Jolie Dishes on Brad Pitt Divorce and Bell's Palsy Diagnosis in New Honest Interview
- 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow': Find Out Who Will Play Season 3 Villain Kuasa
- 'Bond 25': Yann Demange, Denis Villeneuve and David Mackenzie Are Frontrunners to Direct
- 'True Detective' Season 3 Nearing a Greenlight, Mahershala Ali Set to Star