Alleged First Poster of 'The Wolverine' Teases the Japan Setting
A possible first poster for "The Wolverine" has made its way out onto the web. Coming out via Screen Rant, the one-sheet teases the Japan setting of the movie since it shows what looks like a Japanese flag being torn by Wolverine's claws. It also has a tagline that reads, "Rising Soon".
While the production of the film hasn't begun yet, the 80s-themed banner is reportedly taken from the office of director James Mangold. 20 Century Fox has yet to make a comment to clarify the validity of the alleged teaser poster.
"The Wolverine" will take its cue from the early 1980s Chris Claremont/Frank Miller miniseries, which is set in Japan. It features Wolverine dealing with ninjas as he struggles whether to follow his animal killer instincts or live under a samurai's code of honor and respect.
The production of the movie has been delayed for quite a while due to the weather situation in Japan. Mangold takes over the directing duty after Darren Aronofsky bowed out the project last March 2011. Christopher McQuarrie and Mark Bomback, meanwhile, team up to provide the script.
Hugh Jackman is set to reprise his role as the titular mutant. He is joined by Kelly Hu and Naturi Naughton. 20th Century Fox has scheduled to release "Wolverine" in the U.S. on July 26, 2013.
- Shirtless Orlando Bloom Cozying Up to Katy Perry Look-Alike in Malibu
- Jessica Jones and Trish Arrested in Season 2 Set Photos
- Nas Wants Serious Relationship With Nicki Minaj
- Ariel Winter Flaunts Cleavage, Pulls Down Her Bikini Bottom in New Racy Pics
- Get First Look at Idris Elba and Kate Winslet Amid Freezing Wilderness in 'The Mountain Between Us'
- Tiger Woods Apologizes, Blames 'Unexpected Reaction to Prescribed Medications' for DUI
- Inside Meek Mill and Nicki Minaj's Run-In at Miami Nightclub: He Keeps His Eyes on Her
- Is Fergie 'Kicked Out' of Black Eyed Peas?