George Michael Announces Rescheduled Tour Dates
After a bout of health scare, George Michael happily announced that he is ready to get back on stage. The singer almost died of pneumonia last November, forcing him to cancel his Symphonica tour in Vienna, Austria and the remainder dates.
"I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you first to the doctors and nurses who saved my life and took such great care of me and to all my fans, family and friends for their love and support. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone," said the singer.
The tour has been rescheduled and would kick off September 4 in Vienna. As many as 1,000 staff from AKH hospital would be given free tickets to his concert for saving his life. Michael will also play The Palais Garnier Opera House in Paris on September 9, which makes him the first pop singer to perform at the venue. The tour continues in the Netherlands as well as London that month.
Concert promoters have confirmed original tickets bought for any of the postponed gigs will be valid for the rescheduled dates.
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'
- No Worry! Justin Bieber Strips Off His Shirt Showing Off New Inks and Toned Abs in Brazil
- Are Kylie Jenner and Tyga Breaking Up Again? Rapper Moves to New Bachelor Pad
- New 'Valerian' Trailer Offers a Better Look at the City of a Thousand Planets
- Jennifer Aniston Leans on Brad Pitt Amid Justin Theroux Split Rumors
- Details of Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez's Romantic Wedding and Baby Plans Revealed
- Mike WiLL Made It Releases Dramatic Music Video for 'On the Come Up' Feat. Big Sean