George Michael Announces Rescheduled Tour Dates
After a bout of health scare, George Michael happily announced that he is ready to get back on stage. The singer almost died of pneumonia last November, forcing him to cancel his Symphonica tour in Vienna, Austria and the remainder dates.
"I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you first to the doctors and nurses who saved my life and took such great care of me and to all my fans, family and friends for their love and support. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone," said the singer.
The tour has been rescheduled and would kick off September 4 in Vienna. As many as 1,000 staff from AKH hospital would be given free tickets to his concert for saving his life. Michael will also play The Palais Garnier Opera House in Paris on September 9, which makes him the first pop singer to perform at the venue. The tour continues in the Netherlands as well as London that month.
Concert promoters have confirmed original tickets bought for any of the postponed gigs will be valid for the rescheduled dates.
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard