George Michael Announces Rescheduled Tour Dates
After a bout of health scare, George Michael happily announced that he is ready to get back on stage. The singer almost died of pneumonia last November, forcing him to cancel his Symphonica tour in Vienna, Austria and the remainder dates.
"I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you first to the doctors and nurses who saved my life and took such great care of me and to all my fans, family and friends for their love and support. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone," said the singer.
The tour has been rescheduled and would kick off September 4 in Vienna. As many as 1,000 staff from AKH hospital would be given free tickets to his concert for saving his life. Michael will also play The Palais Garnier Opera House in Paris on September 9, which makes him the first pop singer to perform at the venue. The tour continues in the Netherlands as well as London that month.
Concert promoters have confirmed original tickets bought for any of the postponed gigs will be valid for the rescheduled dates.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding