George Michael Announces Rescheduled Tour Dates
After a bout of health scare, George Michael happily announced that he is ready to get back on stage. The singer almost died of pneumonia last November, forcing him to cancel his Symphonica tour in Vienna, Austria and the remainder dates.
"I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you first to the doctors and nurses who saved my life and took such great care of me and to all my fans, family and friends for their love and support. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone," said the singer.
The tour has been rescheduled and would kick off September 4 in Vienna. As many as 1,000 staff from AKH hospital would be given free tickets to his concert for saving his life. Michael will also play The Palais Garnier Opera House in Paris on September 9, which makes him the first pop singer to perform at the venue. The tour continues in the Netherlands as well as London that month.
Concert promoters have confirmed original tickets bought for any of the postponed gigs will be valid for the rescheduled dates.
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident