Jon Hamm Believes His Digs at Kim Kardashian Were Accurate
Jon Hamm hasn't finished dissing Kim Kardashian. Though he had said that he wished his comments about the reality star on an interview with ELLE U.K. "would have been reported correctly", the 41-year-old actor admitted in an interview with the "Today" show that he isn't backing down from his words.
During the chat, host Matt Lauer brought up the subject and noted that the "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" star has responded to Hamm's words by calling them "careless". Standing by what he said in the earlier interview, the Hollywood actor pointed out, "I don't think it was careless. I think it was accurate."
The longtime partner of Jennifer Westfeldt went on to elaborate his statement, "It's a part of our culture that I certainly don't identify with, and I don't really understand the appeal of it other than in a sort of car crash sensibility, and it's not something that I partake in or enjoy, but it is what it is, and here we are."
Sharing similar belief was Hamm's co-star Vincent Kartheiser. The actor playing Pete Campbell on the drama series said, "I agree. He said it very eloquently. I agree with everything he said. I think our society enjoys to turn on the television and see someone who's maybe awful and they can say, 'Maybe I'm not as terrible as that person.' "
Hamm criticized Kardashian as well as Paris Hilton in an interview for Elle U.K., complaining about their contribution to the "stupidity" culture. "Whether it's Paris Hilton or Kim Kardashian or whoever, stupidity is certainly celebrated," he said. "Being a f***ing idiot is a valuable commodity in this culture because you're rewarded significantly."
In her response, Kardashian wrote on her Twitter, "I respect Jon and I am a firm believer that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and that not everyone takes the same path in life." She continued, "Calling someone who runs their own businesses, is a part of a successful TV show, produces, writes, designs, and creates, 'stupid,' is in my opinion careless."
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'