Pitbull Fires Back at Lindsay Lohan: Her Allegations Would Lead to Absurd Results
Pitbull has responded to the lawsuit launched by Lindsay Lohan last year in complaint to his "Give Me Everything" lyrics which mention her name. The rapper claims through his attorneys that the accusations made against him are threatening free speech rights, so sustaining them "would lead to absurd results."
"The use of a celebrity's name in any work of art -- such as a song, poem or painting -- would trigger liability," the defendant explains. "Indeed, if Ms. Lohan is allowed to proceed with her claim, every recording artist could be gagged and prevented from expressing his or her thoughts in songs, including the other recording artists who have referred to Ms. Lohan in their songs but whom she has not sued."
Giving an example to support his defense case, the "Hotel Room Service" rhymer includes a footnote which points out that the "Mean Girls" actress has been mentioned in Eminem's 2009 song "Same Song & Dance", yet she doesn't sue the Slim Shady. In his song, Marshall Mathers raps, "Hello Lindsay you're looking a little thin, hun'; How about a ride to rehab?"
The "International Love" MC additionally notes that fellow artist Ryan Seacrest whom he also mentions in the "Give Me Everything" lyrics doesn't complain about the song. Instead, the "American Idol" host invited him to make a live performance in Times Square on "Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year's Eve 2012".
Lindsay accused Pitbull of causing her pain and mental with his song "Give Me Everything". He, however, insisted that he never meant to "defame, degrade or hurt someone's career." He once explained, "You see the way I start off the record, where I say, 'I took my life from negative to positive/ I just want y'all to know that' - when I mention Lindsay Lohan in the record, it was really a positive message."
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered
- Wham! and Chris Martin Pay Tribute to George Michael at BRIT Awards
- Tom Cruise Reportedly Ready to Reconnect With Daughter Suri After Years Apart
- Hugh Jackman Rules Out Wolverine/Deadpool Movie
- 'Glee' Alum Lauren Potter's Engagement Called Off