First Look at The CW's Green Arrow Shows the Pilot's Dark Tone
The CW has shared the first glimpse of Stephen Amell as Green Arrow in costume for its pilot, "Arrow". In the picture, the lead actor is seen donning a green suit which is designed by three-time Oscar-winner Colleen Atwood, holding a bow and looking pensive while most of his face is hidden under the hoodie.
Though the superhero does not do much in it, the image gives hint at the pilot's edgy and dark tone. The network's development head Thom Sherman previously said the show will be "very provocative and sophisticated and edgy."
Detailing the project's concept, pilot director and executive producer David Nutter said in a newly released statement, "When I directed the pilot for 'Smallville', I knew that making Clark Kent relatable would be the key to audiences believing in him as a hero. 'Arrow' is a different show - darker and harder-edged - but it's the same core idea."
"We're creating a real, believable world in which Oliver Queen can do incredible things," he went on explaining. "Colleen Atwood's great work on the Arrow costume reflects that effort."
"Arrow" has Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg serving as executive producers. Paul Blackthorne, Jamey Sheridan, David Ramsey, Colin Donnell, Susanna Thompson, Katie Cassidy, Willa Holland and Colin Salmon are also starring in the pilot, which is shooting in Vancouver.
More Arrow News
- Netflix Is Back After Crash Following 'Luke Cage' Premiere
- Gigi Hadid Trips on Runway at Paris Fashion Week
- Mail Order Bride Comedy Canned by NBC After Getting Backlash
- Robin Williams' Widow Calls the Actor's Disease 'the Terrorist Inside My Husband's Brain'
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress