First Look at Daniel Radcliffe as Gay Poet Allen Ginsberg on 'Kill Your Darlings' Set
How Daniel Radcliffe will look like as fabled Beat Generation poet, Allen Ginsberg, in "Kill Your Darlings" has been unveiled in some fresh on-set pictures of the upcoming thriller. While shooting in New York on Monday, March 19, Radcliffe was snapped sporting a nerdy look complete with curly hair and big framed spectacles.
In the true story movie, the "Harry Potter" tackles the key role of Ginsberg, who is also a gay activist. The pic itself is based on an event in 1944 about the murder case that help spawn the Beat Generation movement in 1950s.
It follows Ginsberg's relationship with Lucien Carr and Jack Kerouac. Carr is the one who introduces Ginsberg to Kerouac and fellow Beat poet William S. Burroughs. He is also the one who stabbed his lover David Kammerer to death in a drunken fight in 1944.
Tackling the role of Carr is Dane Dehaan, while Jack Huston and Ben Foster play Kerouac and Burroughs respectively. Also supporting the movie is Elizabeth Olsen as Eddie Parker, a rich girlfriend to Kerouac.
Writing the screenplay is Austin Bunn along with John Krokidas, who is also set to make his directorial debut with this thriller. The movie itself was first announced in 2009. Before Radcliffe, Huston and Dehaan are attached, Jesse Eisenberg, Chris Evans and Ben Whishaw were originally tapped to star as Ginsberg, Kerouac and Carr respectively, but they exited the project.
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7
- 'Teen Wolf' Unveils Stiles' Unexpected Real Name
- Nelly vs. Drake: Twitter Debates Who's the Biggest Rapper
- Are Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman Hinting Pierce Brosnan Will Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'?