'Desperate Housewives' Trial: Nicollette Sheridan Will Retry Case After Judge Declares Mistrial
Judge Elizabeth Allen White declared a mistrial in Nicollette Sheridan's wrongful termination lawsuit against ABC on Monday, March 19. The Superior Court Judge dismissed the jury after it deadlocked 8-4 in favor of claim by the former "Desperate Housewives" actress following three days of deliberations, leaving the case without a verdict.
Donning a white shirt topped with black cardigan and matching skirt, the Edie Britt of the drama series left the courthouse without saying any words to the reporters. Her lawyer Mark Baute said they would retry the case.
"You'd think we'd be disappointed, but ... we're not," he insisted. "We got the story out. We told the truth. Twelve of our fellow citizens made a judgment. We came up one short. We'll do the dance again."
On the other hand, defense attorney Adam Levin believes the case would be more streamlined during a retrial. "We're anxious to move forward with that trial, and we're confident that we will prevail," he stated.
Juror Beverly Crosby said ABC failed to thoroughly investigate Sheridan's claims. "To my estimation, it wasn't handled correctly," she told reporters after the last trial, adding that some of the company's witnesses were not too credible. Another juror Johnny Huynh refused to say the witnesses were scripted, but he found the story does not match.
Sheridan was seeking $6 million in compensation in her lawsuit, claiming her character Edie was killed off as a result of her fight with the show's creator Marc Cherry. Judge White had dropped the battery charge against Cherry on March 13.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation