'Desperate Housewives' Trial: Nicollette Sheridan Will Retry Case After Judge Declares Mistrial
Judge Elizabeth Allen White declared a mistrial in Nicollette Sheridan's wrongful termination lawsuit against ABC on Monday, March 19. The Superior Court Judge dismissed the jury after it deadlocked 8-4 in favor of claim by the former "Desperate Housewives" actress following three days of deliberations, leaving the case without a verdict.
Donning a white shirt topped with black cardigan and matching skirt, the Edie Britt of the drama series left the courthouse without saying any words to the reporters. Her lawyer Mark Baute said they would retry the case.
"You'd think we'd be disappointed, but ... we're not," he insisted. "We got the story out. We told the truth. Twelve of our fellow citizens made a judgment. We came up one short. We'll do the dance again."
On the other hand, defense attorney Adam Levin believes the case would be more streamlined during a retrial. "We're anxious to move forward with that trial, and we're confident that we will prevail," he stated.
Juror Beverly Crosby said ABC failed to thoroughly investigate Sheridan's claims. "To my estimation, it wasn't handled correctly," she told reporters after the last trial, adding that some of the company's witnesses were not too credible. Another juror Johnny Huynh refused to say the witnesses were scripted, but he found the story does not match.
Sheridan was seeking $6 million in compensation in her lawsuit, claiming her character Edie was killed off as a result of her fight with the show's creator Marc Cherry. Judge White had dropped the battery charge against Cherry on March 13.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy