Artist of the Week: Fun.
Fun. are riding high on the success of their single "We Are Young". The indie rock band soar to No. 1 on Billboard Hot 100, becoming the first rock act to top the chart since Nickelback did so with their single "How You Remind Me" in 2001. They also become the first act in the history of the band's label Fueled by Ramen to score No. 1 single.
After the band sat at No. 1 for a week, Hot 100 underwent digital makeover by including data from streaming-music sites to rank a song's popularity. Despite the adjustment, they remained No. 1 proving that they're popular both on radio and online. They drew 1.1 million on-demand streams and 46 million audience impressions on radio.
On top of that, Fun. enjoyed success with "Some Nights", their second studio album where the single appears. Through the CD which was produced by notable music maker Jeff Bhasker, the trio debuted high on Billboard Hot 200. In its opening week, they broke top 3 list by landing at the third place on the U.S. album chart.
Hot on the heels of their huge success on the charts, Nate Ruess and his bandmates were tapped as one of the musical guests at South by Southwest (SXSW) Festival. They performed at the 8th Annual mtvU Woodie Awards and then wrapped up their visit to Austin, Texas with a high-energy set at Stubb's.
In an interview at the festival, keyboardist Andrew Dost talked about their newfound fame admitting that he found it hard to believe. "We've been playing music so long that nothing has ever really happened for us like that," he gushed. "It's just really nice. It's a really good feeling. And definitely not something we were expecting."
- Karrueche Tran Denied Permanent Restraining Order Against Chris Brown
- Rita Ora Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Plunging Mini Dress at De Grisogono Party in Cannes
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Does the Right Contestant Win Season 24?
- See 'Justice League' Costumes at the 2017 Licensing Expo
- Ariana Grande's Mom Rushed Fans to Safety After Explosion at Manchester Concert
- Nicki Minaj Won't Let Terrorists Win, Vows to Perform for Manchester Fans
- Irina Shayk Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body on Cannes Red Carpet
- Tiny Leans on Floyd Mayweather for Support Following Bitter Split From T.I.