Details of Jessica Simpson's Pink-and-Yellow Baby Shower Emerge
Jessica Simpson has one more thing to do on her list before giving birth to her first child with fiance Eric Johnson (II). As she nears her due date, the 31-year-old singer celebrated her baby girl's impending arrival by throwing a pink-and-yellow-themed baby shower in Los Angeles on Sunday, March 18.
The afternoon bash saw the attendance of Ellen Pompeo, Jessica Alba and Simpson's sister, Ashlee Simpson. Us Weekly noted that Alba and the younger Simpson brought along their kids. "It was a kid friendly shower with many of her friends bringing babies," one source said. "Jessica [Alba] brought her baby Haven, 7 months, and Ashlee brought Bronx, 3."
The venue where the soiree took place was decorated with tube-shaped balloons and spring tulips. Mother-to-be Simpson arrived before the guests, and "received tons of gifts mostly wrapped in pink gift wrap and boxes" at the party. The source dished on, "There were several books, stuffed toys and clothes among other items."
Adding more details about the festivity, PEOPLE reported that the event was organized by event planner Mindy Weiss. For the bash, Simpson wore a light blue dress that accentuates her baby bump and let her hair down with soft braids around her face. An observer said, "Jessica looked pretty and very happy," while a friend added, "She's so excited to be a mom. She can't wait to meet her little girl."
More Jessica Simpson News
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Topless in New Sultry Selfie
- Report: Emma Watson Getting Married in Big Sur This Summer
- See Hilarious Horror-Themed Memes of Trump's Awkward Photo With Pope Francis
- New Beau? Mischa Barton Caught Getting Handsy With Mystery Man in Cannes
- HBO Renews 'Veep' and 'Silicon Valley' for 2017-2018 Seasons