Details of Jessica Simpson's Pink-and-Yellow Baby Shower Emerge
Jessica Simpson has one more thing to do on her list before giving birth to her first child with fiance Eric Johnson (II). As she nears her due date, the 31-year-old singer celebrated her baby girl's impending arrival by throwing a pink-and-yellow-themed baby shower in Los Angeles on Sunday, March 18.
The afternoon bash saw the attendance of Ellen Pompeo, Jessica Alba and Simpson's sister, Ashlee Simpson. Us Weekly noted that Alba and the younger Simpson brought along their kids. "It was a kid friendly shower with many of her friends bringing babies," one source said. "Jessica [Alba] brought her baby Haven, 7 months, and Ashlee brought Bronx, 3."
The venue where the soiree took place was decorated with tube-shaped balloons and spring tulips. Mother-to-be Simpson arrived before the guests, and "received tons of gifts mostly wrapped in pink gift wrap and boxes" at the party. The source dished on, "There were several books, stuffed toys and clothes among other items."
Adding more details about the festivity, PEOPLE reported that the event was organized by event planner Mindy Weiss. For the bash, Simpson wore a light blue dress that accentuates her baby bump and let her hair down with soft braids around her face. An observer said, "Jessica looked pretty and very happy," while a friend added, "She's so excited to be a mom. She can't wait to meet her little girl."
More Jessica Simpson News
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'