Video: Taylor Swift Performs New 'Hunger Games' Song 'Eyes Open'
Taylor Swift gave her fans in Auckland, New Zealand a special treat. When hitting Vector Arena as part of her world tour recently, the country music crooner played "Eyes Open", a brand new theme song from highly-anticipated movie "The Hunger Games".
Wearing a shimmering dress and sitting comfortably on a couch with a guitar in her hand, Taylor teasingly asked the crowd, "You don't think I'd get in trouble if I played it now?" She added, "Probably not, right? I don't know, what do you think?" before launching into the song.
"Eyes Open" is taken from a compilation of "songs from District 12 and beyond." The soundtrack album is going to arrive in the United States on March 20, while "The Hunger Games" itself will be released nationwide three days later.
Aside from "Eyes Open", Taylor also sings "Safe & Sound" for the movie. Collaborating with The Civil Wars, she recalled the creative process of the song. "The Civil Wars had a show that night in L.A.," she told Rolling Stone. "So they raced right over to T Bone's house."
She furthermore gushed, "There's so many things he could've done production-wise to make that song bigger sonically than it is, but I think that would have possibly been a mistake. For him to have left the song as a lullaby is brilliant."
More Taylor Swift News
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture