Video: Taylor Swift Performs New 'Hunger Games' Song 'Eyes Open'
Taylor Swift gave her fans in Auckland, New Zealand a special treat. When hitting Vector Arena as part of her world tour recently, the country music crooner played "Eyes Open", a brand new theme song from highly-anticipated movie "The Hunger Games".
Wearing a shimmering dress and sitting comfortably on a couch with a guitar in her hand, Taylor teasingly asked the crowd, "You don't think I'd get in trouble if I played it now?" She added, "Probably not, right? I don't know, what do you think?" before launching into the song.
"Eyes Open" is taken from a compilation of "songs from District 12 and beyond." The soundtrack album is going to arrive in the United States on March 20, while "The Hunger Games" itself will be released nationwide three days later.
Aside from "Eyes Open", Taylor also sings "Safe & Sound" for the movie. Collaborating with The Civil Wars, she recalled the creative process of the song. "The Civil Wars had a show that night in L.A.," she told Rolling Stone. "So they raced right over to T Bone's house."
She furthermore gushed, "There's so many things he could've done production-wise to make that song bigger sonically than it is, but I think that would have possibly been a mistake. For him to have left the song as a lullaby is brilliant."
More Taylor Swift News
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway