'Desperate Housewives' Jury Still Hasn't Reached Verdict, Lawyers Say There's No Settlement
The jury in Nicollette Sheridan's wrongful termination lawsuit against ABC is "hopelessly deadlocked." On Friday, March 16, the jurors still haven't reached a verdict after two days of deliberations with the foreman of the jury hinting they are split 8-4.
Judge Elizabeth Allen White told the jurors to go home and think about the case over the weekend, before returning to deliberate on Monday, March 19. She added, "If you still can't reach a verdict, we will declare a mistrial."
Meanwhile, lawyers for ABC and Sheridan said there won't be settlement of the litigation over Sheridan's firing from "Desperate Housewives". "The judge asked the two parties to talk," defense attorney Adam Levin said outside Judge Bendix's courtroom. "It went nowhere. I'm going to take another yoga class. Have a nice weekend."
On the other hand, Mark Baute, attorney for the former Edie Britt depicter, believes that the jury "is 8 to 4 in our favor." He went on speculating who is the holdup as saying, "The foreman is against us. He's the only juror I've seen in 26 years that came into the court in a panic and said they were deadlocked."
"If there's a mistrial, 100 percent we will do it again," Baute continued sharing about their plans. "We have now seen everything they've got. Every little trick. We will try it again."
- Florida Georgia Line to Perform With The Chainsmokers at the 2017 CMT Music Awards
- Scott Disick Can't Keep His Hands Off Bella Thorne During Intimate Vacation in Cannes
- Ellen DeGeneres to Make Stand-Up Return in Netflix Comedy Special
- Bella Hadid Turns Heads in Daring Dress as She Debuts Short Bangs at Perfume Launch in Italy
- 'Top Gun 2' May Be Directed by Joseph Kosinski, Val Kilmer May Return
- Ariana Grande Postpones European Tour Through June 5 After Manchester Bombing
- A Hero Returns in Darkness in Netflix's 'Castlevania' First Teaser
- Bikini-Clad Ariel Winter Flashes Her Butt as She Kisses Beau Levi Meaden in PDA-Filled Pic