'Dark Knight Rises' Screens First Rough Cut as 'Avengers' Sets April Premiere Date
Director Christopher Nolan has almost completed "The Dark Knight Rises". While moviegoers will have to wait until July 20 to watch the highly anticipated DC Comics film, Warner Bros.' executives have had the opportunity to see Nolan's first cut of the last installment of his Batman trilogy.
Multiple insiders revealed to The Hollywood Reporter that on Friday, March 16, Nolan has presented a rough cut of the much awaited Caped Crusader pic to Warners' toppers. Those who attended the screening included chief Jeff Robinov and production president Greg Silverman.
Since the Christian Bale-starring superhero flick will not open until summer, Nolan still has enough time to fine-tune the movie. Sources told THR that the British filmmaker has been busy on the Warners lot in the past few days after finishing months-long shooting and editing process.
Also starring Tom Hardy, Marion Cotillard, Gary Oldman, Anne Hathaway, Michael Caine and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, "The Dark Knight Rises" is set 8 years after the events in "The Dark Knight". Terrorist leader Bane arrives in Gotham City, pushing it and its police force to their limits, and forcing Batman to resurface after taking the fall for Havey Dent's crimes.
While "Dark Knight Rises" rough cut has just been introduced to Warners' executive, rival mega-budgeted superhero film "The Avengers" has set the date for its world premiere. Also on Friday, Marvel Studios announced that the Earth Mightiest Heroes film is set to hold its special screening on Wednesday, April 11.
The world premiere is scheduled to take place at Hollywood's El Capitan Theatre. The all-star cast members, Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Mark Ruffalo, Jeremy Renner, Tom Hiddleston, Samuel L. Jackson, Stellan Skarsgard and Cobie Smulders, are all expected to hit the red carpet before a 7.00 A.M. screening.
"The Avengers" itself will open wide in the U.S. theaters on May 4. In the upcoming film, Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Black Widow, Hawkeye and the Hulk must team up to fight the greatest foe no single hero could ever withstand.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris