Michael Madsen Grateful He's Cleared of Child Cruelty Charges
Michael Madsen has just been cleared off his latest run-in with the law. Nearly a week after the actor playing Mr. Blonde in "Reservoir Dogs" was arrested on suspicion of felony child endangerment, the Los Angeles County District Attorney revealed that he won't be facing any charges of child cruelty.
Jane Robison, a spokeswoman for the district attorney's office, said that prosecutors have determined there was insufficient evidence of misdemeanor cruelty to a child. Reacting to the good news, Madsen's attorney Perry Wander told TMZ, "Michael is grateful that this unfortunate family incident is now closed and thanks those that thoroughly investigated this matter."
Madsen was booked at the Lost Hills Sheriff's Station last Friday afternoon, March 9 after a call about family dispute was made from his home in Malibu, California. TMZ reported, at the time, that the "Kill Bill" actor got into a physical fight with one of his sons and appeared to be under the influence of alcohol when arrested.
When released from police custody on Saturday morning, Madsen told TMZ that the whole incident was a "big misunderstanding". His attorney, Perry Wander, later explained, "[Madsen] found his son smoking pot and they got in an argument when he tried to take it away. It's a family matter and Michael asks that his families privacy be respected."
- Kobe Bryant and Wife Vanessa Welcome Baby No. 3
- John Cena Enters Battlefield in Intense Trailer for Doug Liman's 'The Wall'
- Gigi Hadid Blames Meds for Skinnier Figure, Announces Social Media Break Over the Holidays
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Major Sideboob and Butt While Celebrating Birthday With Meek Mill
- 'La La Land' and 'Arrival' Among AFI's Top Ten Movies of 2016
- Donald Trump Is Still Involved in 'The Apprentice' After All
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson