Michael Madsen Grateful He's Cleared of Child Cruelty Charges
Michael Madsen has just been cleared off his latest run-in with the law. Nearly a week after the actor playing Mr. Blonde in "Reservoir Dogs" was arrested on suspicion of felony child endangerment, the Los Angeles County District Attorney revealed that he won't be facing any charges of child cruelty.
Jane Robison, a spokeswoman for the district attorney's office, said that prosecutors have determined there was insufficient evidence of misdemeanor cruelty to a child. Reacting to the good news, Madsen's attorney Perry Wander told TMZ, "Michael is grateful that this unfortunate family incident is now closed and thanks those that thoroughly investigated this matter."
Madsen was booked at the Lost Hills Sheriff's Station last Friday afternoon, March 9 after a call about family dispute was made from his home in Malibu, California. TMZ reported, at the time, that the "Kill Bill" actor got into a physical fight with one of his sons and appeared to be under the influence of alcohol when arrested.
When released from police custody on Saturday morning, Madsen told TMZ that the whole incident was a "big misunderstanding". His attorney, Perry Wander, later explained, "[Madsen] found his son smoking pot and they got in an argument when he tried to take it away. It's a family matter and Michael asks that his families privacy be respected."
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Was 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge