Details of Lana Del Rey's March 22 Performance for 'American Idol'
Lana Del Rey has made her debut on the "American Idol" stage, but the audience at home won't get to see her performance until next Thursday, March 22. E! Online, however, got a chance to catch the "Born to Die" singer pre-taping her performance after the elimination show on March 15, and is sharing the details.
According to the site, the Internet sensation, who has just revealed the cover art for new single "Blue Jeans", was wearing a white dress and a pair of Converse sneakers. Taking the stage to sing hit song "Video Games" twice before the live audience, she was accompanied by a 16-member orchestra and a piano. At the end of her intimate performance, she had rose petals falling on her.
Before Del Rey taped her performance, "American Idol" bid goodbye to Shannon Magrane. Landing in bottom three along with Erika Van Pelt and Elise Testone, the 16-year-old sang for her life by crooning her version of Mariah Carey's "One Sweet Day". The performance, unfortunately, wasn't enough to persuade the judges to use their "save" card.
Also making merry the Thursday night show were Demi Lovato and DAUGHTRY. The former "Sonny with a Chance" star delivered an energetic rendition of "Give Your Heart a Break", while the Chris Daughtry-fronted band treated the audience with their new single "Outta My Head".
More Lana Del Rey News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby