Details of Lana Del Rey's March 22 Performance for 'American Idol'
Lana Del Rey has made her debut on the "American Idol" stage, but the audience at home won't get to see her performance until next Thursday, March 22. E! Online, however, got a chance to catch the "Born to Die" singer pre-taping her performance after the elimination show on March 15, and is sharing the details.
According to the site, the Internet sensation, who has just revealed the cover art for new single "Blue Jeans", was wearing a white dress and a pair of Converse sneakers. Taking the stage to sing hit song "Video Games" twice before the live audience, she was accompanied by a 16-member orchestra and a piano. At the end of her intimate performance, she had rose petals falling on her.
Before Del Rey taped her performance, "American Idol" bid goodbye to Shannon Magrane. Landing in bottom three along with Erika Van Pelt and Elise Testone, the 16-year-old sang for her life by crooning her version of Mariah Carey's "One Sweet Day". The performance, unfortunately, wasn't enough to persuade the judges to use their "save" card.
Also making merry the Thursday night show were Demi Lovato and DAUGHTRY. The former "Sonny with a Chance" star delivered an energetic rendition of "Give Your Heart a Break", while the Chris Daughtry-fronted band treated the audience with their new single "Outta My Head".
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation