Details of Lana Del Rey's March 22 Performance for 'American Idol'
Lana Del Rey has made her debut on the "American Idol" stage, but the audience at home won't get to see her performance until next Thursday, March 22. E! Online, however, got a chance to catch the "Born to Die" singer pre-taping her performance after the elimination show on March 15, and is sharing the details.
According to the site, the Internet sensation, who has just revealed the cover art for new single "Blue Jeans", was wearing a white dress and a pair of Converse sneakers. Taking the stage to sing hit song "Video Games" twice before the live audience, she was accompanied by a 16-member orchestra and a piano. At the end of her intimate performance, she had rose petals falling on her.
Before Del Rey taped her performance, "American Idol" bid goodbye to Shannon Magrane. Landing in bottom three along with Erika Van Pelt and Elise Testone, the 16-year-old sang for her life by crooning her version of Mariah Carey's "One Sweet Day". The performance, unfortunately, wasn't enough to persuade the judges to use their "save" card.
Also making merry the Thursday night show were Demi Lovato and DAUGHTRY. The former "Sonny with a Chance" star delivered an energetic rendition of "Give Your Heart a Break", while the Chris Daughtry-fronted band treated the audience with their new single "Outta My Head".
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake