Jennifer Lopez Doesn't Give Herself Time to Naturally Meet Someone, Manager Claims
Jennifer Lopez's tendency to jump from one relationship to another has apparently left her manager worried. In an interview with Vogue magazine about the singer's romance with Casper Smart, Benny Medina admitted, "The thing that I always sort of wished is that she would give herself time to just naturally meet someone, instead of having obsessive guys pursue her."
"The ease with which that obsession becomes a relationship I think sometimes works against her ability to have a real meaningful relationship," the manager, who has handled the careers of Tyra Banks and P. Diddy, elaborated. "And she never half does anything. When she commits to anything in her work, her life or her relationships, she is in it."
On the subject of J.Lo's 18-year age gap with Casper, Medina commented, "She's not oblivious to her own reality right now, as in, 'Damn, I'm 42 with a 24-year-old. Why?' We talked about it yesterday. She was just like, 'It's not even the age, Benny. It's that I just came out of a relationship where I felt like I was kind of not getting what I needed. And I'm open! So somebody who steps in right now and is actually touching me in a way.' It's very fertile ground."
J.Lo began dating Casper shortly after she and third husband Marc Anthony announced their separation after seven years of marriage in July 2011. While the "American Idol" judge stayed silence about their age gap, her backup dancer boyfriend tweeted in January 2012, "Age, status, n opinions of others are irrelevant. Our hearts are endless and our souls infinite."
The "On the Floor" hitmaker was recently forced to shoot down wedding rumors after a tweet about her request for a wedding dress popped out on the Twitter account of fashion designer Roberto Cavalli. Setting the record straight, she wrote on her official website, "Here's the truth now: ROBERTO CAVALLI'S TWITTER ACCOUNT was hacked. The rumor is not true."
More Jennifer Lopez News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie