Rihanna: Chris Brown Is the Hottest R 'n' B Artist Out There
Rihanna said it's about business, not personal when she picked ex-lover Chris Brown to collaborate with her in a track called "Birthday Cake". In a radio interview with Ryan Seacrest, the singer admitted that she agreed to make a contact with Brown again because he is "the hottest R&B artist out right now".
Telling the listeners of Seacrest's morning show, Rihanna said about the controversial collaboration, "The first song that came about was 'Birthday Cake'. I mean we ended up recording them at the same time and executing them together, but I reached out to him about doing 'Birthday Cake' because that's the only person that really - it made sense to do the record."
She added, "Just as a musician despite everything else that was going to be the person. You know I thought about rappers, and I've done that so many times, and the hottest R&B artist out right now is Chris Brown. So I wanted him on the track, and then in turn he was like 'Why don't you do the remix to my track?' and it was a trade off. We did two records. One for my fans. One for his fans, and that way our fans can come together. There shouldn't be a divide. You know? It's music, and it's innocent."
Regarding the sound that she's aiming this time, Rihanna said, "I can't say that! 'Sonically' - I can't explain it. But I'm excited about it. I have the sound already. So it's just a matter of execution!" She won't be touring this year in order to focus on making music and shooting music videos.
"Birthday Cake" is the fourth U.S. single from Rihanna's sixth studio album "Talk That Talk". It was officially remixed with vocals from Brown, and is a full length version of the interlude which was originally included on the album.
More Rihanna News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance