Rihanna: Chris Brown Is the Hottest R 'n' B Artist Out There
Rihanna said it's about business, not personal when she picked ex-lover Chris Brown to collaborate with her in a track called "Birthday Cake". In a radio interview with Ryan Seacrest, the singer admitted that she agreed to make a contact with Brown again because he is "the hottest R&B artist out right now".
Telling the listeners of Seacrest's morning show, Rihanna said about the controversial collaboration, "The first song that came about was 'Birthday Cake'. I mean we ended up recording them at the same time and executing them together, but I reached out to him about doing 'Birthday Cake' because that's the only person that really - it made sense to do the record."
She added, "Just as a musician despite everything else that was going to be the person. You know I thought about rappers, and I've done that so many times, and the hottest R&B artist out right now is Chris Brown. So I wanted him on the track, and then in turn he was like 'Why don't you do the remix to my track?' and it was a trade off. We did two records. One for my fans. One for his fans, and that way our fans can come together. There shouldn't be a divide. You know? It's music, and it's innocent."
Regarding the sound that she's aiming this time, Rihanna said, "I can't say that! 'Sonically' - I can't explain it. But I'm excited about it. I have the sound already. So it's just a matter of execution!" She won't be touring this year in order to focus on making music and shooting music videos.
"Birthday Cake" is the fourth U.S. single from Rihanna's sixth studio album "Talk That Talk". It was officially remixed with vocals from Brown, and is a full length version of the interlude which was originally included on the album.
More Rihanna News
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maureen McCormick Is Eliminated, Sharna Burgess Dances Through Injury
- Margot Robbie Close to Joining 'Peter Rabbit' Movie
- Suge Knight Accusing Dr. Dre of Hiring a Hitman to Kill Him
- Report: Cara Delevingne Is Dating Dakota Johnson