Jeremy Renner Might Replace Jake Gyllenhaal as Leading Man in 'Motor City'
Just a few days after the reports buzzing that Jake Gyllenhaal was approached to tackle the lead role in "Motor City", it is now said that the part will likely be offered to another actor. According to Twitch, Gyllenhaal has turned down the offer and now director Albert Hughes has set his eyes on Jeremy Renner to fill Gyllenhaal's shoes.
It was said that Renner has just entered a discussion with Hughes about playing the lead character in the revenge drama. "The Hurt Locker" actor himself is currently in talks to lead Ridley Scott's "The Counselor". Should he join Scott's high-end thriller, he wouldn't be available for the next few months while Hughes has planned to begin filming in May.
Before Renner and Gyllenhaal emerged as the candidates of the male lead in "Motor City", Chris Evans and Dominic Cooper were also considered to take the part. They, however, decided to exit the project reportedly due to scheduling conflict. So far, the cast ensemble includes Gary Oldman who will play a mafia kingpin, and Amber Heard who will star as the leading lady.
Chad St. John works to provide the script for "Motor City", which centers on a man who gets released from prison and sets out on a revenge mission to hunt down the people who framed him. Producing the pic, meanwhile, is Joel Silver.
After starring in "Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol", Renner has been sealed to star in several high profile movies. The Oscar nominee will soon be seen in mega-budgeted "The Avengers", as well as in action pic "The Bourne Legacy". His other upcoming film is "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters", which has been pushed back for a 2013 release.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences