Jeremy Renner Might Replace Jake Gyllenhaal as Leading Man in 'Motor City'
Just a few days after the reports buzzing that Jake Gyllenhaal was approached to tackle the lead role in "Motor City", it is now said that the part will likely be offered to another actor. According to Twitch, Gyllenhaal has turned down the offer and now director Albert Hughes has set his eyes on Jeremy Renner to fill Gyllenhaal's shoes.
It was said that Renner has just entered a discussion with Hughes about playing the lead character in the revenge drama. "The Hurt Locker" actor himself is currently in talks to lead Ridley Scott's "The Counselor". Should he join Scott's high-end thriller, he wouldn't be available for the next few months while Hughes has planned to begin filming in May.
Before Renner and Gyllenhaal emerged as the candidates of the male lead in "Motor City", Chris Evans and Dominic Cooper were also considered to take the part. They, however, decided to exit the project reportedly due to scheduling conflict. So far, the cast ensemble includes Gary Oldman who will play a mafia kingpin, and Amber Heard who will star as the leading lady.
Chad St. John works to provide the script for "Motor City", which centers on a man who gets released from prison and sets out on a revenge mission to hunt down the people who framed him. Producing the pic, meanwhile, is Joel Silver.
After starring in "Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol", Renner has been sealed to star in several high profile movies. The Oscar nominee will soon be seen in mega-budgeted "The Avengers", as well as in action pic "The Bourne Legacy". His other upcoming film is "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters", which has been pushed back for a 2013 release.
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital