Haley Reinhart Debuts First Single 'Free', to Sing It on 'American Idol'
Haley Reinhart's debut single "Free" has just been unveiled. The jazzy tune is described by the "American Idol" alum as "an empowering break-up song," and is confirmed as a lead single from her upcoming first studio album "Listen Up!".
The 21-year-old singer, who finished third on the "Idol" season 10, is scheduled to showcase the new single on the singing competition later this month. She's tapped as a musical guest for upcoming results show which airs March 22.
Haley is going to release the album in the United States on May 22. In shaping it up to be "a retro-flavored, yet thoroughly contemporary-sounding collection of songs," she worked with Mike Elizondo, busbee, Rob Kleiner, Rune Westberg, and Chris Seefried.
"Along with the album's pop undertones, it definitely has key elements of soul, rock, R&B, and even some jazz," she gushed. "I'm hugely influenced by the music I grew up with and you can hear that on the album. I'm so thrilled to make my visions come to life!"
She collaborates with B.o.B in a song called "Oh My", and gets help from her own father and fellow "Idol" alum Casey Abrams. Her dad played guitar in some songs, while Casey helped her with a song she wrote four years ago. "Casey played all the instruments on it and helped me figure out the arrangement," she revealed to THR.
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt