Haley Reinhart Debuts First Single 'Free', to Sing It on 'American Idol'
Haley Reinhart's debut single "Free" has just been unveiled. The jazzy tune is described by the "American Idol" alum as "an empowering break-up song," and is confirmed as a lead single from her upcoming first studio album "Listen Up!".
The 21-year-old singer, who finished third on the "Idol" season 10, is scheduled to showcase the new single on the singing competition later this month. She's tapped as a musical guest for upcoming results show which airs March 22.
Haley is going to release the album in the United States on May 22. In shaping it up to be "a retro-flavored, yet thoroughly contemporary-sounding collection of songs," she worked with Mike Elizondo, busbee, Rob Kleiner, Rune Westberg, and Chris Seefried.
"Along with the album's pop undertones, it definitely has key elements of soul, rock, R&B, and even some jazz," she gushed. "I'm hugely influenced by the music I grew up with and you can hear that on the album. I'm so thrilled to make my visions come to life!"
She collaborates with B.o.B in a song called "Oh My", and gets help from her own father and fellow "Idol" alum Casey Abrams. Her dad played guitar in some songs, while Casey helped her with a song she wrote four years ago. "Casey played all the instruments on it and helped me figure out the arrangement," she revealed to THR.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie