Haley Reinhart Debuts First Single 'Free', to Sing It on 'American Idol'
Haley Reinhart's debut single "Free" has just been unveiled. The jazzy tune is described by the "American Idol" alum as "an empowering break-up song," and is confirmed as a lead single from her upcoming first studio album "Listen Up!".
The 21-year-old singer, who finished third on the "Idol" season 10, is scheduled to showcase the new single on the singing competition later this month. She's tapped as a musical guest for upcoming results show which airs March 22.
Haley is going to release the album in the United States on May 22. In shaping it up to be "a retro-flavored, yet thoroughly contemporary-sounding collection of songs," she worked with Mike Elizondo, busbee, Rob Kleiner, Rune Westberg, and Chris Seefried.
"Along with the album's pop undertones, it definitely has key elements of soul, rock, R&B, and even some jazz," she gushed. "I'm hugely influenced by the music I grew up with and you can hear that on the album. I'm so thrilled to make my visions come to life!"
She collaborates with B.o.B in a song called "Oh My", and gets help from her own father and fellow "Idol" alum Casey Abrams. Her dad played guitar in some songs, while Casey helped her with a song she wrote four years ago. "Casey played all the instruments on it and helped me figure out the arrangement," she revealed to THR.
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!