Jon Hamm Expresses Wish That His Kim Kardashian Comment Were Reported Correctly
Jon Hamm is trying to clear up the misunderstanding caused by his recent comments that seem to be attacking reality TV stars Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton. When met at PaleyFest 2012 on Tuesday, March 13, the 41-year-old actor stood by his words, but did share his wish that they were "reported correctly."
Speaking to Access Hollywood a day after being dubbed "careless" by Kardashian, the actor playing Don Draper on "Mad Men" said, "I think that my quote was a little bit misunderstood." He went on to explain, "I think that she's - I've never met her. I would never say anything personal about anyone that I have not met."
The longtime partner of Jennifer Westfeldt elaborated, "My quote was simply about that version of television and that version of American culture being celebrated and it's not something that I particularly enjoy. But the quote was obviously taken out of context and you know, there you go." Still, he won't take it back as saying, "I said what I said. I just wish it would have been reported correctly."
Hamm criticized Kardashian and Hilton in an interview for Elle U.K. where he complained about their contribution to the "stupidity" culture. "Whether it's Paris Hilton or Kim Kardashian or whoever, stupidity is certainly celebrated," he said. "Being a f***ing idiot is a valuable commodity in this culture because you're rewarded significantly."
On Tuesday, Kardashian responded to the trashing on her Twitter. "I respect Jon and I am a firm believer that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and that not everyone takes the same path in life," she wrote. "Calling someone who runs their own businesses, is a part of a successful TV show, produces, writes, designs, and creates, 'stupid,' is in my opinion careless."
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers
- Drake Announces Short Movie 'Please Forgive Me' - Get a Sneak Peek Here!
- Katy Perry Feels Sympathy for 'Catfish' Victim Who Thought He Was Dating Her