'American Idol' Producers: Jermaine Jones Is Booted Off Because of His Lies
Nigel Lythgoe and Ken Warwick have spoken up about their decision to disqualify Jermaine Jones from "American Idol". According to the executive producers of the singing competition, it is not his legal troubles which become the main reason to send him packing, but it's his lies.
Calling in to TMZ Live, the show's honchos said they were particularly worried when they found out he had used false names with police. "There might be other false names and other charges out there that we just dont know about," they explained.
Warwick added that if Jones opened up about his legal troubles beforehand, they would have tried to help him. The executive producers claimed there were some other contestants on the show who were entangled in legal issues, but "we help them where we can in clearing them up."
The "Idol" bosses confronted Jones on Tuesday, March 13 about criminal charges pending against him in New Jersey. The confrontation was taped and the footage is shown on tonight's performance show.
Warwick said Jones told them he was trying to get enough money to settle the criminal charges. He went on noting that the so-called "gentle bear" was "very apologetic."
According to new documents released by Gloucester Township, Jones was arrested twice there and then failed to appear for a hearing. He was arrested for disturbance at a hotel in March 2011, and was arrested again in November the same year after traffic stop. He gave a false name in both cases.
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney Are 'Talking' About Giving Their Relationship Another Chance
- Michael Fassbender Wants You to Explore the World of 'Assassin's Creed' in New Featurette
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke': Who Dies This Time and What Will Happen Next?
- Man Wielding Sledgehammer Smashes Donald Trump's Walk of Fame Star to Pieces
- Doctor Strange Could Unite the Divided Avengers in 'Infinity War', Says Benedict Cumberbatch