'Fashion Star' Premiere: Contestant Offends Jessica Simpson With Sexist Comment
When "Fashion Star" had its first episode aired Tuesday, March 13 on NBC, one contestant made a bad impression in front of judges, potential buyers and viewers. Nicholas Bowes had an ugly moment on the show's premiere because of his over-confidence and ego, which led to his elimination.
Tasked to pick a signature piece that defined him as a designer, the former Aussie model presented a motorcycle jacket paired with denim shorts and cowboy boots. When he was criticized by Jessica Simpson and Nicole Richie for lack of originality and questionable styling, he could not take the constructive criticisms well.
"It's very hard to understand the girls giving advice about men's fashion," he stated. Jessica responded, "I'm a little bit offended. A lot a bit, actually. To talk down to a woman in this business? We're running the world right now," with Nicole chiming in, "Nick, we're trying to help you."
The fiancee of Eric Johnson added with laugh, "I really kind of want to hit you across the face right now." She additionally posted on her Twitter during the show's airing, "I know what a buyer wants @nicholasbowes and I really hope you take everyone's advice to heart. #FashionStar."
Nicholas did not get any offers from the buyers for his work. He was in the bottom three along with Oscar Fierro and Kara Laricks, before the judges decided to save Oscar. At the end of the show, the buyers made the final decision and chose to eliminate Nicholas.
From fourteen contestants showing their designs that night, only six of them who made sales. They included Orly Shani who got a $80,000 offer from Saks and $50,000 from Macys, Sarah Parrott who walked away with $80,000 from H&M, Nzimiro Oputa who got a $50,000 bid from H&M, and Lizzie Parker got a $50,000 offer from H&M and a $60,000 bid from Macys.
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed