Paramount Sets 'Ninja Turtles' Release Date, Pushes Back Brad Pitt's 'World War Z'
Paramount Pictures has rearranged the release calendar for some of its major movies, including the big-budgeted "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" reboot. On Tuesday, March 13, the studio announced that the Jonathan Liebesman-directed live action/CGI combo is set to open wide in the U.S. on Christmas Day in 2013.
The "TMNT" remake, which cost a reported $100 million to produce, follows a team of anthropomorphic turtles who live in a storm sewer in New York City. After being taught the art of ninjutsu by their rat sensei Splinter, the gang battle criminals and alien invaders though they remain isolated from the society. Michael Bay is producing the film.
Aside from the anticipated comic book movie reboot, Paramount rescheduled the release date for Tom Cruise starrer "One Shot". After previously being scheduled to hit cinemas in February 2013, the thriller film is now set to open wide on December 21 this year, the same date when Cruise's blockbuster pic "Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol" was released last year.
By advancing the opening date for "One Shot", Paramount must have to push back Brad Pitt's apocalyptic zombie thriller "World War Z" into the middle of summer 2013. With the new schedule, the movie adaptation of Max Brook's novel is due to arrive in theaters nationwide on June 21 next year.
Rob Moore, Paramount vice president, told The Hollywood Reporter that repositioning "One Shot" is a good strategy considering the big success of "Ghost Protocol" last year. He explained that the Christopher McQuarie-directed movie will wrap its production before "World War Z".
Cruise's "One Shot" follows an ex-military homicide investigator who seeks the truth behind an open-and-shut murder case after a trained military sniper is arrested for shooting five random victims. As for Pitt's "World War Z", the film centers on a U.N employee who traverses the world in a race against time to stop the Zombie pandemic that is toppling armies and governments and threatening to decimate humanity itself.
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service