First Footage of 'Dark Shadows' Sees Barnabas Collins Being Awakened From Death
The first ever sneak peek at Tim Burton's "Dark Shadows" finally makes its way out onto the web. The quick glimpses at several scenes from the highly anticipated supernatural movie are revealed in a preview for a Thursday, March 15 episode of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show".
The short footage includes a scene where Johnny Depp's Barnabas Collins is awakened from his death and gets released from a coffin. As for the first full trailer itself, Ellen DeGeneres has announced that it will be unleashed during the Thursday airing of her popular talk show.
Depp's Collins is a rich, powerful and inveterate playboy who is also the master of Collinwood Manor. He, however, makes a grave mistake of breaking the heart of Angelique Bouchard, a witch who brings him to a fate worse than death; turning him into a vampire and then burying him alive.
Two centuries after his death, Collins is inadvertently freed from his tomb. The vampire then returns to his mansion only to find his once-grand estate has fallen into ruin. He must now have some run-ins with various monsters, witches, werewolves and ghosts.
Warner Bros. Pictures has locked May 11 as the day when the soap opera-adapted movie opens wide in the U.S. theaters. In addition to Depp, the casting department consists of Eva Green, Helena Bonham Carter, Chloe Moretz, Michelle Pfeiffer, Jackie Earle Haley and Jonny Lee Miller among others.
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'