James Van Der Beek Proudly Announces Birth of First Son
James Van Der Beek has officially become a father for the second time. The actor who will star as himself on ABC's "Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23" made use of his Twitter shortly before 3 P.M. PT on Tuesday, March 13 to announce that he and his wife of 18 months, Kimberly Brook, have welcomed their first son together.
"Had my first son this morning... well, actually, my wife had him. I just caught him," tweeted the 35-year-old actor. "Wow. Heart expanding way faster than my brain..." He followed it up with another post that read, "If you could bottle up and distribute this feeling, I swear there'd be no more war. #fatherhood."
Van Der Beek broke the news that he and his wife were expecting their second child back in October 2011. The Dawson Leery of "Dawson's Creek", at the time, wrote on Twitter, "Just when we thought we couldn't feel any more blessed, it seems the universe has plans to give our daughter a sibling..."
Van Der Beek, who was previously married to actress Heather McComb, tied the knot with Kimberly in August 2010. They welcomed their little girl, Olivia, on September 25, 2010. "Had the blessing of becoming a father over the weekend... Couldn't come close to describing this bliss even if I had 140 million characters," he tweeted at the time.
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip