James Van Der Beek Proudly Announces Birth of First Son
James Van Der Beek has officially become a father for the second time. The actor who will star as himself on ABC's "Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23" made use of his Twitter shortly before 3 P.M. PT on Tuesday, March 13 to announce that he and his wife of 18 months, Kimberly Brook, have welcomed their first son together.
"Had my first son this morning... well, actually, my wife had him. I just caught him," tweeted the 35-year-old actor. "Wow. Heart expanding way faster than my brain..." He followed it up with another post that read, "If you could bottle up and distribute this feeling, I swear there'd be no more war. #fatherhood."
Van Der Beek broke the news that he and his wife were expecting their second child back in October 2011. The Dawson Leery of "Dawson's Creek", at the time, wrote on Twitter, "Just when we thought we couldn't feel any more blessed, it seems the universe has plans to give our daughter a sibling..."
Van Der Beek, who was previously married to actress Heather McComb, tied the knot with Kimberly in August 2010. They welcomed their little girl, Olivia, on September 25, 2010. "Had the blessing of becoming a father over the weekend... Couldn't come close to describing this bliss even if I had 140 million characters," he tweeted at the time.
More James Van Der Beek News
- Chris Klein Welcomes First Child With Wife, Shares First Photos of Cute Baby Boy
- 'American Horror Story' First Season 6 Teasers Are Creepy as Hell
- JoJo to Release New Album 'Mad Love' in October
- Ed Sheeran Sparks Wedding Rumors After Spotted With Ring on That Finger
- Jennifer Aniston Bares Her Boobs While Sunbathing in Italy
- A Version of Britney Spears' 'Make Me' Without G-Eazy Surfaces Online
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7: It's Negan's World Now
- First Look at New Villain in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Revealed