Halle Berry's Engagement Ring Contains Hidden Codes and Symbols, Jeweler Says
Shortly after Olivier Martinez confirmed his engagement to Halle Berry, details about the ring he presented to his "Dark Tide" co-star are dug up. Jewelery house Mazlo told PEOPLE that the engagement bauble hides meaning in codes and symbols that only the twosome can decipher.
"The ring is textured and contains codes and symbols which you cannot see," spilled the jeweler, "only the person wearing it can." Further pointing the uniqueness of the ring designed by Robert Mazlo, the jeweler added, "It's very uncommon. The symbols and codes represent [the couple's] story and only they can interpret it."
The design house also noted that the ring is "a one-of-a-kind piece and cannot be replaced." Its 4-carat emerald comes from "closed-down mines in Muzo, Colombia and the color is perfect." The jeweler continued on gushing, "The balance between the blue and the yellow in the green in that stone is perfect."
According to the design house, Mazlo "was very touched to be involved in [the couple's] story" after learning that he was creating an engagement ring for Martinez. The ring itself was designed according to ancient Phoenician tradition. It puts together two diamonds in a textured, yellow-gold setting.
Martinez himself admitted that he has asked for Berry's hand in marriage at the opening of his new restaurant, Villa Azur, in South Beach. There, he also set the record straight on who's designing the emerald engagement ring. He named Parisian jeweler Robert Mazlo as the one designing the bauble, and said that Gurhan, a jeweler taking credit for the design, has "nothing to do with this."
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'