Robert Pattinson's 'Bel Ami' Gets Distributor, Aims June Release in U.S.
Robert Pattinson's period drama "Bel Ami" has finally found a major studio that would distribute it in theaters across the U.S. On Monday, March 12, The Wagner/Cuban Company's Magnolia Pictures announced that it has obtained the distribution rights to the film and has targeted a June 8 theatrical release nationwide.
Magnolia bought the film after it was premiered at the 62nd Berlin International Film Festival last February. Of the distribution agreement, the studio's president Eamonn Bowles said, " 'Bel Ami' is a well-crafted, appealing film with a terrific ensemble cast. We think it's a great fit for our Ultra VOD program."
In this sexy retelling of Guy de Maupassant's classic tale of blackmail, manipulation, and social-climbing that is set against 19th century Paris, Pattinson stars as the young and very ambitious George Duroy. He discovers that his unadulterated passion and seduction skills with influential Parisian ladies is the fastest and most effective way to the upper echelons of the society he so desperately wants to control.
Directed by Declan Donnellan and Nick Ormerod, "Bel Ami" was premiered at the Berlinale to somewhat mixed reviews from critics. The film is also supported by a set of notable actors, including Uma Thurman, Kristin Scott Thomas, Christina Ricci and Holliday Grainger.
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie