'Revenge' Creator Dishes on Major Death in Season Finale and Giant Event for Possible Season 2
After killing off Tyler earlier this season, "Revenge" will feature the demise of another character in the ultimate episode. Being interviewed at PaleyFest on Sunday, March 11, the cast gushed that the death is "major," "huge," and "even kind of more than the one before."
The series creator Mike Kelley chimed in on the upcoming death, summing it up by saying, "It's a big finale." Without giving away too much info on who will be written out the story, he told E! Online, "Normally you kill off characters you don't like, but in this case, unfortunately, the nicest people are the ones that you kill off."
Prior to that, "Revenge" will see Daniel spending some time in prison after he's arrested for the murder of Tyler. However, fans won't have to see Daniel behind the bars for too long since the show will jump ahead a few months and feature the trial, which will be wrapped up in episode 19.
Also at the same occasion, Kelley discussed his idea for a possible season 2. "Overall the pattern is going to stay the same [in season 2]. If we're lucky enough to get another season, I think what we'll do is another giant event that will resolve itself in midseason and we'll deal with the aftermath of that," he shared.
Providing another detail, he said that he plans to start season 2 with a wedding. "I'm not gonna say anything more than a wedding," he coyly stated before adding, "The idea is to do something to keep with what was working in the first season, which is starting by showing the audience a glimpse of a big event that's coming down the road. So we're going to keep with that tradition."
On other things that could be addressed in the next chapter, Kelley mentioned the questions about Emily's mother, whether or not David Clarke is still alive, and what else is on Mason Treadwell's tapes are some of them.
"Revenge" will return with the remainders of the first season on Wednesday, April 11 at 10/9c on ABC.
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Was 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge