Nicki Minaj Makes History in U.K. Single Chart by Peaking at No. 3
Nicki Minaj is celebrating another chart record. The femcee gets her latest accolade through her catchy single "Starships". She climbs from the fifth place to the third spot in U.K. single chart, becoming the highest-charting female rapper ever in the list.
The Young Money female rapper breaks the record previously held by fellow MC Missy Elliott. Back in 2001, the "Work It" rhymer peaked at No. 5 with her "Miss E... So Addictive" single "4 My People" which features Eve.
In addition to sitting at No. 3, Minaj also occupies the tenth place this week. She rounds up the top 10 list led by Gotye's "Somebody That I Used to Know" with her single "Turn Me On", which features David Guetta.
Minaj is preparing to release her album "Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded" in the United States on April 3, and she's expected to include "Starships" and "Turn Me On" in it. "Just wrote my final verse for this album. Hold on while I get rlly emotional. The realest verse on the album by far," she tweeted recently.
Talking about the album, she gushed, "It's going in a very free, exhilarating direction in terms of me owning who I am and me enjoying the process of making music. I think that when you get the album you'll feel as if I had absolutely no boundaries. That's probably the best way to explain it so that you understand. The album just has no boundaries. The album cannot be boxed in."
More Nicki Minaj News
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns