Jennifer Westfeldt: My Life Has Gone in a Million Ways I Never Anticipated
Jennifer Westfeldt has opened up why she and longtime love Jon Hamm are still childless after nearly 15 years of dating. "I've thought about this a lot lately," the 42-year-old actress said in an interview with the New York Times. "I never thought I'd be this age and not have kids. But my life has also gone in a million ways I never anticipated."
"I kept feeling like I'd wake up with absolute clarity, and I haven't," she went on elaborating. "And we have a pretty great life together. The chance that we'll regret it doesn't seem like a compelling enough reason to do it. I may wake up tomorrow with that lighting bolt, and I'll have to scramble to make it happen."
The star/writer/director of "Friends with Kids" continued, "You were wondering how we make it work. One way is we're really mobile. No one's had to give up an opportunity they really wanted." She also noted that "best intentions aside," having kids "always changes your friendship, at least that first year or so in a way that I think is painful for both of you."
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding