Jennifer Westfeldt: My Life Has Gone in a Million Ways I Never Anticipated
Jennifer Westfeldt has opened up why she and longtime love Jon Hamm are still childless after nearly 15 years of dating. "I've thought about this a lot lately," the 42-year-old actress said in an interview with the New York Times. "I never thought I'd be this age and not have kids. But my life has also gone in a million ways I never anticipated."
"I kept feeling like I'd wake up with absolute clarity, and I haven't," she went on elaborating. "And we have a pretty great life together. The chance that we'll regret it doesn't seem like a compelling enough reason to do it. I may wake up tomorrow with that lighting bolt, and I'll have to scramble to make it happen."
The star/writer/director of "Friends with Kids" continued, "You were wondering how we make it work. One way is we're really mobile. No one's had to give up an opportunity they really wanted." She also noted that "best intentions aside," having kids "always changes your friendship, at least that first year or so in a way that I think is painful for both of you."
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!