Jennifer Westfeldt: My Life Has Gone in a Million Ways I Never Anticipated
Jennifer Westfeldt has opened up why she and longtime love Jon Hamm are still childless after nearly 15 years of dating. "I've thought about this a lot lately," the 42-year-old actress said in an interview with the New York Times. "I never thought I'd be this age and not have kids. But my life has also gone in a million ways I never anticipated."
"I kept feeling like I'd wake up with absolute clarity, and I haven't," she went on elaborating. "And we have a pretty great life together. The chance that we'll regret it doesn't seem like a compelling enough reason to do it. I may wake up tomorrow with that lighting bolt, and I'll have to scramble to make it happen."
The star/writer/director of "Friends with Kids" continued, "You were wondering how we make it work. One way is we're really mobile. No one's had to give up an opportunity they really wanted." She also noted that "best intentions aside," having kids "always changes your friendship, at least that first year or so in a way that I think is painful for both of you."
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show