First Look at Javier Bardem as James Bond's Nemesis in 'Skyfall'
How Javier Bardem will look like as James Bond's new nemesis has been unveiled in a latest on-set photo of "Skyfall". On Sunday, March 11, the Spanish actor was caught on camera rocking a Metropolitan Police uniform while filming some action scenes around Whitehall neighborhood in London.
Ditching his dark hair, Bardem was spotted donning a blond wig under his police hat. The Oscar winner was seen shooting the scenes with some stuntmen, who dressed up as police officers and carried machine guns.
Also spotted on the set was Daniel Craig as Bond himself. The blue-eyed actor was snapped wearing a dust-covered striped grey suit that he paired with a blue shirt. He was seen putting on an ear piece as he seemingly tackles his spy duty on the London streets.
This was not the first time Bardem tackled a villainous role in a feature film. He won an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor thanks to his role as the lead antagonist in "No Country for Old Men".
During a press conference for "Skyfall" back in November 2011, the actor was asked for his opinion about playing another bad guy. He said at that time, "Who told you a villain is a bad person? For me, it's an honor to be at this table for many reasons. It will be fun to do."
In "Skyfall", James Bond's loyalty to his superior M is tested as her past comes back to haunt her. When MI6 comes under attack, 007 must track down and destroy the threat, no matter how personal the cost. The much awaited action film is also supported by Judi Dench, Ralph Fiennes, Naomie Harris, Berenice Marlohe and Ben Whishaw.
Sam Mendes works behind the lens for this twenty third Bond film, which will open wide in the U.S. on November 9. The movie will also become the first one in the franchise to get an IMAX treatment.
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular
- Cheryl Signs Up for Private Boxing Sessions in an Attempt to Get Back Into Shape After Giving Birth
- Jake Gyllenhaal Loses His Legs in Boston Marathon Bombing in Intense Trailer for 'Stronger'
- 50 Cent Has the Hots for Helen Mirren Despite 30-Year Age Gap: 'She Turns Me On'
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sparks Plastic Surgery Speculations
- Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers Revive 'SNL' 'Really?!' Segment to Mock Pro-Trump Protesters