'SNL': Tom Hanks Mocks Jonah Hill's Oscar Loss, Ratings Drop From Last Week
Just in time for the 16 March release of his new movie "21 Jump Street", Jonah Hill took the hosting duty in the March 10 episode of "Saturday Night Live". The "Moneyball" star listed Tom Hanks as a cameo and poked fun at his Academy Award nomination.
"You have mastered the role of a mature and caring man and I would like you to have this," Hanks said to Hill and passed him the Oscar statute only to remind him of his loss. "I'm just kidding. You lost man. You don't get no Oscar!"
Also in the episode, Hill reprised his role of Adam Grossman, an offensive and geeky six-year-old boy whom he portrayed when he previously hosted "SNL". In another sketch, he played a scientist who introduced an ape named Brutus at a press conference, but the ape revealed that he and the doctor had a sexual relationship.
Meanwhile in Weekend Update, Andy Samberg impersonated Sarah Palin and Stefon returned to talk about St. Patrick's Day. Serving as the musical guest was The Shins, who performed "Simple Song" and "It's Only Life".
Despite the special appearance by two-time Oscar winner Tom Hanks, the latest episode of "SNL" did not get a rating boost. The show averaged a 4.3 rating in the metered-market households. In Local People Meter markets, the Hill-hosted "SNL" averaged a 2.6 rating in 18-49 demo, dropping 21% from last week's episode which was hosted by Lindsay Lohan.
Jonah Hill monologue
Weekend Update: Sarah Palin
More Saturday Night Live News
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture
- Iggy Azalea and French Montana Are Pictured Kissing as a Source Confirms Their Relationship
- It's Official: 'Pretty Little Liars' to End With Season 7, 'Grimm' Canceled After 6 Seasons
- Red Band Trailer for 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' Sees Halle Berry as the Comedian's Bond Girl
- Watch Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj Ooze Sexiness in 'Side to Side' Video