'SNL': Tom Hanks Mocks Jonah Hill's Oscar Loss, Ratings Drop From Last Week
Just in time for the 16 March release of his new movie "21 Jump Street", Jonah Hill took the hosting duty in the March 10 episode of "Saturday Night Live". The "Moneyball" star listed Tom Hanks as a cameo and poked fun at his Academy Award nomination.
"You have mastered the role of a mature and caring man and I would like you to have this," Hanks said to Hill and passed him the Oscar statute only to remind him of his loss. "I'm just kidding. You lost man. You don't get no Oscar!"
Also in the episode, Hill reprised his role of Adam Grossman, an offensive and geeky six-year-old boy whom he portrayed when he previously hosted "SNL". In another sketch, he played a scientist who introduced an ape named Brutus at a press conference, but the ape revealed that he and the doctor had a sexual relationship.
Meanwhile in Weekend Update, Andy Samberg impersonated Sarah Palin and Stefon returned to talk about St. Patrick's Day. Serving as the musical guest was The Shins, who performed "Simple Song" and "It's Only Life".
Despite the special appearance by two-time Oscar winner Tom Hanks, the latest episode of "SNL" did not get a rating boost. The show averaged a 4.3 rating in the metered-market households. In Local People Meter markets, the Hill-hosted "SNL" averaged a 2.6 rating in 18-49 demo, dropping 21% from last week's episode which was hosted by Lindsay Lohan.
Jonah Hill monologue
Weekend Update: Sarah Palin
More Saturday Night Live News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal