Kunal Nayyar of 'Big Bang Theory' Wed Former Miss India
Kunal Nayyar's character on "The Big Bang Theory" may be afraid of the female species but it's not the case in real life. The Indian actor has married former Miss India, Neha Kapur, in a traditional celebration that spanned over six days and involved 1,000 guests.
The wedding actually took place in December in New Delhi, India. Nayyar said in the new issue of People magazine that it was "quite hectic" since it included exchange of vows, a garland ritual, henna tattoos and six days of partying. They adorned each other with handmade garlands upon meeting at the ceremony at the first time. Then Nayyar was told to hold a cup with a white lotus flower in it. "I dipped the flower in purified water and then threw it into the fire," he recalled.
Then the Kapur family hosted an event where the women get henna tattoo and the men drink bloody marys. Unfortunately, none of Nayyar's "Big Bang" co-stars was able to attend the wedding.
Nayyar met Kapur three years ago in New Delhi. "She unlocked something in me that I had never felt before," the actor said.
More Kunal Nayyar News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked