Kunal Nayyar of 'Big Bang Theory' Wed Former Miss India
Kunal Nayyar's character on "The Big Bang Theory" may be afraid of the female species but it's not the case in real life. The Indian actor has married former Miss India, Neha Kapur, in a traditional celebration that spanned over six days and involved 1,000 guests.
The wedding actually took place in December in New Delhi, India. Nayyar said in the new issue of People magazine that it was "quite hectic" since it included exchange of vows, a garland ritual, henna tattoos and six days of partying. They adorned each other with handmade garlands upon meeting at the ceremony at the first time. Then Nayyar was told to hold a cup with a white lotus flower in it. "I dipped the flower in purified water and then threw it into the fire," he recalled.
Then the Kapur family hosted an event where the women get henna tattoo and the men drink bloody marys. Unfortunately, none of Nayyar's "Big Bang" co-stars was able to attend the wedding.
Nayyar met Kapur three years ago in New Delhi. "She unlocked something in me that I had never felt before," the actor said.
- CBS Renews 16 Series for 2017-2018 Season - Find Out Which Show Makes the Cut
- Rihanna Is Reportedly Not Surprised With Drake's New Sade Tattoo. Find Out Why
- It's Finally Here! Zayn Malik Releases New Single 'Still Got Time' Ft. PARTYNEXTDOOR
- Mariah Carey Plans to Throw More 'Subtle Shade' at Nicki Minaj
- Report: Generous George Clooney Under FBI Investigation for Money Laundering
- 'Justice League' Character Posters and Teasers Are Out, First Trailer Will Be Released Soon
- 'Twin Peaks' Revival: First Photos and Details Are Revealed
- FOX's' X-Men' Pilot 'Gifted' Unveils First BTS Photo Featuring Amy Acker