Video: Robin Thicke Honors Whitney Houston on 'Ellen'
Another emotional tribute performance was delivered in memory of Whitney Houston. This time around, it's Robin Thicke who took the stage to honor the late New Jersey singer. The husband of actress Paula Patton performed her 1995 single "Exhale (Shoop Shoop)" while playing a piano.
Thicke did the cover on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show", and held back his tears near the end of the performance. "I'm sorry, I got a little choked up everybody," he said. "I was actually thinking about her the whole time." On Twitter, he wrote, "We miss you dearly. Your legacy will live on with us forever."
In addition to singing his rendition of "Exhale", Thicke performed "Pretty Lil' Heart", his own single which featured Lil Wayne. He once said, "The inspiration behind this song was really just about when you're in a relationship and you're faced with all the challenges of temptation and attraction to other people, how can you trust when you're not with that other person they're doing you right?"
"Exhale (Shoop Shoop)":
"Pretty Lil' Heart":
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special