Video: Robin Thicke Honors Whitney Houston on 'Ellen'
Another emotional tribute performance was delivered in memory of Whitney Houston. This time around, it's Robin Thicke who took the stage to honor the late New Jersey singer. The husband of actress Paula Patton performed her 1995 single "Exhale (Shoop Shoop)" while playing a piano.
Thicke did the cover on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show", and held back his tears near the end of the performance. "I'm sorry, I got a little choked up everybody," he said. "I was actually thinking about her the whole time." On Twitter, he wrote, "We miss you dearly. Your legacy will live on with us forever."
In addition to singing his rendition of "Exhale", Thicke performed "Pretty Lil' Heart", his own single which featured Lil Wayne. He once said, "The inspiration behind this song was really just about when you're in a relationship and you're faced with all the challenges of temptation and attraction to other people, how can you trust when you're not with that other person they're doing you right?"
"Exhale (Shoop Shoop)":
"Pretty Lil' Heart":
More Robin Thicke News
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'