Video: Robin Thicke Honors Whitney Houston on 'Ellen'
Another emotional tribute performance was delivered in memory of Whitney Houston. This time around, it's Robin Thicke who took the stage to honor the late New Jersey singer. The husband of actress Paula Patton performed her 1995 single "Exhale (Shoop Shoop)" while playing a piano.
Thicke did the cover on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show", and held back his tears near the end of the performance. "I'm sorry, I got a little choked up everybody," he said. "I was actually thinking about her the whole time." On Twitter, he wrote, "We miss you dearly. Your legacy will live on with us forever."
In addition to singing his rendition of "Exhale", Thicke performed "Pretty Lil' Heart", his own single which featured Lil Wayne. He once said, "The inspiration behind this song was really just about when you're in a relationship and you're faced with all the challenges of temptation and attraction to other people, how can you trust when you're not with that other person they're doing you right?"
"Exhale (Shoop Shoop)":
"Pretty Lil' Heart":
More Robin Thicke News
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart