Coolio Lands in the Same Jail as His Son for Unpaid Traffic Ticket
Coolio has found himself being placed behind bars at the same Las Vegas jail his son is being held. The 48-year-old, whose real name is Artis Leon Ivey Jr., was booked in the Clark County Detention Center in the wee hours of Friday, March 9 morning after being arrested on a warrant that charged him with failure to appear in court on a traffic ticket nearly two years ago.
Officer Laura Meltzer told The Associated Press that police stopped a vehicle, in which Coolio was a passenger, several blocks east of the Las Vegas Strip at around 2:20 A.M. for a routine traffic violation. When the cops put the "Gangsta's Paradise" rapper's in the system, two active bench warrants for his arrest stemming from multiple traffic violations popped out.
Coolio was summoned to court for an illegal stop and driving without a license back in June 2010. The rapper, whose incarcerated oldest son Grtis Ivey is due to face a judge on Monday, March 12, has been released from jail after posting a $5,850 bail. No court date has been set just yet for him.
Coolio's son Grtis, in the meantime, was held without bail at Clark County Detention Center after being busted for a number of offenses on November 14, 2011. The 22-year-old was charged with such offenses as robbery with a deadly weapon, kidnap first degree with a deadly weapon, burglary with use of a deadly weapon and grand larceny.
In the police report obtained by TMZ, Grtis worked with a female prostitute named Shantrice Wilkerson in breaking into an apartment with a gun in the Sin City. The "Coolio's Rules" star forced its tenant into the bathroom before he and Wilkerson took away a safe, 2 iPads, 2 laptops, passports and other things.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'