Coolio Lands in the Same Jail as His Son for Unpaid Traffic Ticket
Coolio has found himself being placed behind bars at the same Las Vegas jail his son is being held. The 48-year-old, whose real name is Artis Leon Ivey Jr., was booked in the Clark County Detention Center in the wee hours of Friday, March 9 morning after being arrested on a warrant that charged him with failure to appear in court on a traffic ticket nearly two years ago.
Officer Laura Meltzer told The Associated Press that police stopped a vehicle, in which Coolio was a passenger, several blocks east of the Las Vegas Strip at around 2:20 A.M. for a routine traffic violation. When the cops put the "Gangsta's Paradise" rapper's in the system, two active bench warrants for his arrest stemming from multiple traffic violations popped out.
Coolio was summoned to court for an illegal stop and driving without a license back in June 2010. The rapper, whose incarcerated oldest son Grtis Ivey is due to face a judge on Monday, March 12, has been released from jail after posting a $5,850 bail. No court date has been set just yet for him.
Coolio's son Grtis, in the meantime, was held without bail at Clark County Detention Center after being busted for a number of offenses on November 14, 2011. The 22-year-old was charged with such offenses as robbery with a deadly weapon, kidnap first degree with a deadly weapon, burglary with use of a deadly weapon and grand larceny.
In the police report obtained by TMZ, Grtis worked with a female prostitute named Shantrice Wilkerson in breaking into an apartment with a gun in the Sin City. The "Coolio's Rules" star forced its tenant into the bathroom before he and Wilkerson took away a safe, 2 iPads, 2 laptops, passports and other things.
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo
- 'Pacific Rim 2' Gets New Release Date
- Gwyneth Paltrow on Being the Most Hated Celebrity: 'What Did I Do?'
- Vanessa Lachey Lands Lead Role in 'First Wives Club' TV Remake
- Free the Nipples! Jennifer Aniston Ditches Her Bra Again During NYC Outing
- Yikes! Khloe Kardashian Lived With The Game, and Some Other Men, When She Was a Teen
- Joe Perry: Aerosmith's Farewell Tour Is Simply 'an Option'