Notorious B.I.G. Remembered by Lil' Kim, P. Diddy and More 15 Years After His Death
It has been 15 years since Notorious B.I.G. was gunned down in a drive-by shooting in Los Angeles, but love and respect for the rapper are still very much tangible. On the anniversary of his death on Friday, March 9, the likes of Lil' Kim, P. Diddy and many other celebrities took to Twitter to pay tribute to the fallen rapper.
Kim, who was the protege of the rapper who is also known as Biggie Smalls, first wrote, "Today is a very speacial day. Bittersweet for me...but special." She followed it up with another post that reads, "15 years ago we lost a brilliant iconic musical genius & a man who I called Big Poppa & loved so dearly & proud to say is my family!!!"
The 37-year-old femcee then tweeted, "Lets celebrate his music & accomplishments. Even though its been 15 years we still miss u Biggie baby. Muah!! May u rest in peace proudly!!!" She also expressed her undying love for Biggie in an interview with TMZ. Having said that his death "still hurts very much", she said, "I have endless love for him and I'll be grateful and thankful to him until my last day."
Meanwhile, Diddy posted on his account, "#BigRip RT to da world!", and hip-hop producer Jermaine Dupri wrote in his, "No human being,korean or European,be seeing what Big be seeing,i leave um peeing,in they draws because Biggie smalls is for from weak." The latter also posted a link to "Da B Side", a Da Brat song that he worked on with Biggie.
Also remembering Biggie's life and work were "Entourage" actor Jerry Ferrara and NBA star LeBron James. Ferrara tweeted, "Props to 93.5 radio in L.A. Full Biggie tribute, bringing me back in a nostalgic way," and James posted on his account, "Poppa been smooth since days of Underroos #Biggie."
While The Game simply tweeted, "RIP to the King of New York," Keyshia Cole shared her childhood memory of the rapper. "I remember Biggie came to Eastmont Mall in Oakland," she recalled. "Just a kid, I said 'Can't believe u came here.' He said 'Why wouldn't I?' RIP Biggie!" Additionally, Fabolous wrote, "I got Brooklyn on my back...#RIPBig."
More Notorious B.I.G. News
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch
- The Internet Mocks Donald Trump for Sniffling and Drinking a Lot During Presidential Debate
- Listen to DNCE's New Single 'Body Moves'
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months