Notorious B.I.G. Remembered by Lil' Kim, P. Diddy and More 15 Years After His Death
It has been 15 years since Notorious B.I.G. was gunned down in a drive-by shooting in Los Angeles, but love and respect for the rapper are still very much tangible. On the anniversary of his death on Friday, March 9, the likes of Lil' Kim, P. Diddy and many other celebrities took to Twitter to pay tribute to the fallen rapper.
Kim, who was the protege of the rapper who is also known as Biggie Smalls, first wrote, "Today is a very speacial day. Bittersweet for me...but special." She followed it up with another post that reads, "15 years ago we lost a brilliant iconic musical genius & a man who I called Big Poppa & loved so dearly & proud to say is my family!!!"
The 37-year-old femcee then tweeted, "Lets celebrate his music & accomplishments. Even though its been 15 years we still miss u Biggie baby. Muah!! May u rest in peace proudly!!!" She also expressed her undying love for Biggie in an interview with TMZ. Having said that his death "still hurts very much", she said, "I have endless love for him and I'll be grateful and thankful to him until my last day."
Meanwhile, Diddy posted on his account, "#BigRip RT to da world!", and hip-hop producer Jermaine Dupri wrote in his, "No human being,korean or European,be seeing what Big be seeing,i leave um peeing,in they draws because Biggie smalls is for from weak." The latter also posted a link to "Da B Side", a Da Brat song that he worked on with Biggie.
Also remembering Biggie's life and work were "Entourage" actor Jerry Ferrara and NBA star LeBron James. Ferrara tweeted, "Props to 93.5 radio in L.A. Full Biggie tribute, bringing me back in a nostalgic way," and James posted on his account, "Poppa been smooth since days of Underroos #Biggie."
While The Game simply tweeted, "RIP to the King of New York," Keyshia Cole shared her childhood memory of the rapper. "I remember Biggie came to Eastmont Mall in Oakland," she recalled. "Just a kid, I said 'Can't believe u came here.' He said 'Why wouldn't I?' RIP Biggie!" Additionally, Fabolous wrote, "I got Brooklyn on my back...#RIPBig."
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!