First Trailer for Kristen Stewart's Journey Drama 'On the Road' Debuted
First trailer for the long-awaited movie adaptation of Jack Kerouac's fabled novel, "On the Road", has been debuted. The video is presented from the perspective of Sam Riley's Sal Paradise while he embarks on a road trip with free-spirited Dean Moriarty, played by Garrett Hedlund. It also sees Kristen Stewart playing Dean's young wife, Marylou, who is shamelessly flashing skin and dancing wildly in front of males.
The movie is set in the 1940s, the rising era of Beat movement. It is narrated by Kerouac's thinly veiled alter ego, Sal, who gets inspired to hit the road to see America. The story revolves around his ups and downs as he hitchhikes, hops trains, meets other travelers, struggles for meals and explores the themes of freedom and longing.
Kristen once shared to MTV that she has undergone some spiritual preparations, including attending Beatnik Boot Camp with her co-stars, before the filming began. She gushed, "That's going to be amazing, because I haven't read everything [the Beat Generation] read. There's a huge education process that's going to take place with the whole cast. It's a small movie, so to have that much time is just awesome."
"On the Road" is directed by Walter Salles with Jose Rivera writing the script. Also supporting the novel-adapted movie are Kirsten Dunst, Tom Sturridge, Viggo Mortensen, Amy Adams, Steve Buscemi and Terrence Howard. The film is set to be screened during the 2012 Cannes Film Festival in May.
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'