Dick Van Dyke Marries His Makeup Artist in Leap Year Ceremony
Dick Van Dyke has become a newlywed at the age of 86. The veteran actor, who takes the role of Cecil Fredricks on "Night at the Museum", exchanged wedding vows with his 40-year-old girlfriend, Arlene Silver, on Leap Day, February 29. To RumorFix, he spilled, "Kinda on the spur of the moment, we just decided Leap Day would be the best time to do it."
Speaking of Silver, Van Dyke revealed that he and his second wife met at the SAG Awards six years ago. "I was in the green room and she passed through and I was bowled over by her beauty," he recalled. Silver then became his personal makeup artist, and the two "kind of fell in love" the last couple of years, the Golden Globe nominee added.
Van Dyke's publicist Bob Palmer offered more details of the actor's wedding. On Friday, March 9, he dished to the press that the "Mary Poppins" star and Silver got married in a small ceremony at a Malibu chapel near the actor's home. He added that members of Silver's family and some of the actor's close friends were in attendance.
This is the second marriage for Van Dyke. The Albert F. Peterson of "Bye Bye Birdie" was previously married to Margie Willett, with whom he had four children together. The marriage ended with a divorce in 1984. He then lived with Michelle Triola for more than 30 years until her death in 2009. In a chat with RumorFix, he confessed, "I'm not a loner. I have to have a life partner."
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns